New little dio

P

Polux

Lovely kubel Alan!

The front screen is perfect!! I always do mistakes with the glue... :sad:

Very nice the mud effect!

Don't know how to say...it's not a criticism! Maybe the number plate looks so new?! I think the plate and the mud must have a several 'fight'.. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
L

\ said:
Lovely kubel Alan!The front screen is perfect!! I always do mistakes with the glue... :sad:

Very nice the mud effect!

Don't know how to say...it's not a criticism! Maybe the number plate looks so new?! I think the plate and the mud must have a several 'fight'.. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Polux
LOL its habit I suppose I've always added decals after :smiling3: the windscreen isn't glued on:smiling3: its got little pips and it just stayed on when I was testing the fit so I left it :smiling3:

I'm having a nightmare with this Admiral Cabriolet though the chassis doesn't fit properly :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is looking great Alan, I love the relaxed atmosphere. Great work, just love these dios you do.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
This is looking great Alan, I love the relaxed atmosphere. Great work, just love these dios you do.Si:smiling3:
I do mate, but saddly due to lack of space this will be my last of this size until one of the kids leaves home and I can really let rip on a big six foot one :smiling3:

P

Polux

I'm wishing to see it finished Alan!!!

Mmm...don't worry about to do another dio, if you want, this base give you an excellent option to do little updates during many months!! Today a poster on the wall, tomorrow a wire cable on the control post, and all can you imagine. As trying new paint skills!!

Is a great base!

My first big diorama turns as a neverending story. Always doing new things :smiling3:

Cheers. Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'm wishing to see it finished Alan!!!Mmm...don't worry about to do another dio, if you want, this base give you an excellent option to do little updates during many months!! Today a poster on the wall, tomorrow a wire cable on the control post, and all can you imagine. As trying new paint skills!!

Is a great base!

My first big diorama turns as a neverending story. Always doing new things :smiling3:

Cheers. Polux
It won't be long couple of days mate I've had to rethink the staff car I couldn't get figures for it , this is what it would have looked like had I got the figures

View attachment 69391

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm annoyed ! This is what I saw in my minds eye when I thought about this dio but now I have to replace the staff car for a motorbike ! There are two reasons I can't use the car !

1,I could not get any figures for it

2, it was such a poor build I had to put the roof up due to the fact that when the roof is down I just does not fit properly and when the roof is up there is a waking great gap over the windscreen. ! To be honest I think a lot of these problems with the car are down to my inexperience :sad: oh well ill finish it off and maybe do a dio of it riddled with bullet holes and smoking :smiling3: View attachment 69393

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Pity about the car, if it is a poor fit and no figures why don't you do a burnt out version, doesn't have to be 100% leave the front and back end and just damage the middle part with burnt/rust effect 3/4's down the doors and just onto the rear and front.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Pity about the car, if it is a poor fit and no figures why don't you do a burnt out version, doesn't have to be 100% leave the front and back end and just damage the middle part with burnt/rust effect 3/4's down the doors and just onto the rear and front.Si:smiling3:
That's a good idea Si, I have some wire and I could make a frame to represent the frame of the roof to look like it's been burnt off and open a door a bit and have it at a slight angle to the curb :smiling3:

This is what I like about this site people have such great ideas, cheers Si :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks like it will work, can you take the seats out? If so, drill out the middles but leave the top and edges as a frame, glue metal wire into the cut-outs to produce springs just left after the seat padding has burnt away. Looks like the reason why the checkpoint is set up, maybe a partisan destroyed the officers car.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks like it will work, can you take the seats out? If so, drill out the middles but leave the top and edges as a frame, glue metal wire into the cut-outs to produce springs just left after the seat padding has burnt away. Looks like the reason why the checkpoint is set up, maybe a partisan destroyed the officers car.Si:smiling3:
I knew there was a reason why I bought that wire, seats are out so I can do it :smiling3:

N

noble

First the kubalwagon is very nice indeed i like the damaged car lovely this is working well Alan keep up the good work.

Scott

C

CDW

Looking really good, i like what you've done so far with all the little changes and different layouts .. Its the only way to get it how you want.

If you'll accept some constructive criticism ... There's one thing that my eye keeps getting drawn to...The scale of the corrugated sheeting in the door looks out of scale .. The ridges need to be narrower in my opinion .. Probably half as many again, if not double would do it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking really good, i like what you've done so far with all the little changes and different layouts .. Its the only way to get it how you want.If you'll accept some constructive criticism ... There's one thing that my eye keeps getting drawn to...The scale of the corrugated sheeting in the door looks out of scale .. The ridges need to be narrower in my opinion .. Probably half as many again, if not double would do it.
Cheers Colin ' I was thinking that abot the corrogated bit but I've decided to leave it as spent too much time on it allready lol

Here's a shot of the back seat View attachment 69438

Once blackened and rusted up I think that will look good :smiling3:

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks superb Alan, that burnt out seat, frame and spring work look A1. Nice work indeed.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks superb Alan, that burnt out seat, frame and spring work look A1. Nice work indeed.Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si I'm pleased with it and thanks for the idea :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si I'm pleased with it and thanks for the idea :smiling3:
My pleasure, glad it seems to be working okay. Will add a new dimension to the dio when it is complete and in position.