First Name
Kevin
Evening my name is Kevin and I'm pleased to be a member of the forum. After many years of railway modelling I have recently give it up as my interests now lie with modelling of armoured vehicles.
It's been years since I put a kit together and I'm looking forward to my new venture in the hobby of kit building.

First Name
Kevin
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin - you'll find lots of armour modellers here - but also modellers of other genres, so have a look around, you might be tempted!
Dave
Dave thank you for the forum welcome. I'm certainly going to have a look around the forum over the next couple of days.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Kevin,
A warm welcome from me too,AFVs are predominantly my choice too:thumb2:,
Although i do occasionally dabble in some other genres,and the odd figure or two !
Looking forward to seeing you around the site,
Cheers for now,
Andy

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome Kevin

I am more of a wingy thing person but i have recently sunk into the muddy world of armour too.

Any questions then ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who are more than willing to help

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Kevin welcome aboard. Over the years I’ve slowly have been given up the trains and concentrating more on “Wingy” and Armor vehicles. Better canvas to work with. Is that a old Hasegawa tank you have for a Avitar?

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Kevin and Welcome.........used to hobby with trains also.....still dabble with railroad components but only as a component of diorama building. I won't be surprised if your interests begin to vary, as some of the things these guys do is quite contagious......even habit forming! ;) Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A warm welcome from me Kevin .
Plenty of fun and good natured banter from like minded people .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Kevin
Welcome to the best modelling forum on the net. I am sure you'll enjoy your time here.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard Kevin!!

Good luck with your first build. Just take your time, no question is too stupid and don't expect perfection first time out - this is meant to be a fun hobby!!

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome to the forum Kevin. I too used to model railways, and have now tried most genres. Don’t forget to post your builds on here. You will get plenty of encouragement, and hints and tips if you want them :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome aboard. Hold tight its going to be a hectic ride.
We cater for all here, yes even railways!
Look forward to seeing what you are up two.
Where are you in the world? Always good to know when offering help. Age is not important but is nice to know (so we know which buttons not to press).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN welcome from me also i dont do tankies but i like looking at their builds which more than quite a few are more than fabulas as im doin floaty things an some wingy things when i get the chance an ive only been on here just over two yrs but have learnt no end from these very knowable members very nice bunch on here an you wont be sorry to have jioned an there is the banter which cheers me up no end hope to see some of your work Kevin
ATB chris