New to modeling and to the forum,

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Howdy Dean and welcome to the "Nut House", that's an awful nice Mk. lV you're working on there, keep us posted as to your progress, I'm sure others on the forum would be interested as well. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello as well for me Dean.
Very nice , will follow this .Keep posting .

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome to the forum Dean. You're off to a great start with your first one so keep the progress pics coming.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...... and it's a warm welcome from me too Dean,
Good start on a cool looking,and iconic,tank :smiling3:
.....I look forward to seeing you around the parish.
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Dean!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Dean, welcome aboard. Great start on an iconic tank and work horse for the Germans. Just like the Mercedes it needs a service everyweek or the warrantee will expire so will be seeing you around the parish.:smiling2: Mad house joke, I'll get my coat if I've pushed the wrong button..... you're not blonde are you?

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dean,
welcome to the forum, plenty of advice and comment is here for the asking! - the Tamiya Pz.kpfw IV is a good introduction to tank models - the parts all fit - they may not be the most detailed models on the market, but they look the part! How are you going to paint it?
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Welcome from me as well Dean you will enjoy this forum as we all regulary talk to each other an answer qeustions not like some forum that you might get a answer once a month so jion in an have fun
chrisb

First Name
Dean
HI, I think I'm going to really like this hobby, I was awake all night, but managed to get this far. Any tips on what paint I should use and how, to use these rubber tracks that come with the kit. The tracks seem too small.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Plastic glue doesn't work on these tracks. Would super glue work? View attachment 463578
Should do but it's not always great.... Suggest roughing the surface up first. I have seen heat used and it's sometimes recommended in the instructions..... Not worked with them for ages. Others might have other ideas.

Again, welcome aboard.

Andrew

First Name
Dean
Should do but it's not always great.... Suggest roughing the surface up first. I have seen heat used and it's sometimes recommended in the instructions..... Not worked with them for ages. Others might have other ideas.

Again, welcome aboard.

Andrew
Thank you.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Plastic glue doesn't work on these tracks. Would super glue work? View attachment 463578
The only sure way is to melt the pins - as in the instructions ( stage 11? ) Superglue may work for a while, but will fail in the end! The tracks will fit - the sprockets & idlers have to be firmly glued, and make sure that you get the tracks the right way round! The vinyl tracks are OK, but as you get a bit more picky, you can replace them with aftermarket parts - which look very good, but can be a real pain to assemble ( and cost a lot! ). I'd persevere with the vinyl tracks - put the joint on the bottom, where it will be least visible...................
Dave