New to modeling and to the forum,

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Dean. Those tracks can be joined with staples. Works ok with the join at the bottom. As others have said - rough up the join, stick with superglue and reinforce with a staple or two.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Any tips on what paint I should use and how, to use these rubber tracks that come with the kit.
The best tip there is: read the instructions. You have a Tamiya kit, they come with probably the best instructions anywhere, so they will tell you how to assemble the tracks :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
welcome to the nuthouse Dean, looking forward seeing this as you throw some paint at it..

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The best tip there is: read the instructions. You have a Tamiya kit, they come with probably the best instructions anywhere, so they will tell you how to assemble the tracks :smiling3:
Correct, many tips and instructions appear on the left hand panel of the instruction sheet or the right. Sometimes with caricatures. I would heat the points with an incense stick bringing it close enough till you see the tip bulging and soften then I would use my finger to press it down. If you're afraid to burn your finger then have a flat head nail ready to press the point down.

Cheers,
Richard

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello Dean and welcome :thumb2:

I’m not a armour builder so won’t be able to help much but I look forward to seeing your work.

Geoff.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome from Italy too, Dean. :smiling:
Vinyl tracks: follow the Tamiya instructions as Jakko and Richard suggested.
I usually heat an old screwdriver tip (no need to reach the glowing red level, that would be too much) and then apply gently to the tracks pins down to the track level. Be careful as the warm tip could really harm those tracks if you press too much or too fast (ask me how I know it...) ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oh, another thing is to tape both ends down to your working surface when doing the procedure...these tracks can behave all riggly like an octopus.

Cheers,
Richard

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Rubber tracks...not my favourite...however Gorilla superglue Gel is your friend, held in place for 2/3 minutes and they're attached for good.

....and welcome!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Dean.