Normandy Bocage diorama

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The figures will be the first thing to pose on the dio. Got to try and decide what armour will be next after them. I have the 251 with Pak 40 or the Tiger I to build. But i might have to stray back into my comfort zone and do a wingy thing lol

• Wow
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Alan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The 'pins' are fixed to the post in theory ;)

This is the way i've made them so that i can actually fix them together.

So basically i have placed the female hinges (one with the hole) onto the gate but placed the male pin on top as if it's already sticking through it. This is so i can make the post hinge as a flat piece that the gate hinge can 'sit' on top of, thus making it look like a made up hinge.

Hope this helps clear it up

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Got your meaning :thumb2: , now that you've explained it, can see what you're doing, thought that you were building the gate so that you can open it to various angles;)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Started to add foliage. But think i am going to run out of scatter. Using a lot more than i thought it would. will need a little bit of clean up after it's done but i don't mind that if it gives decent results

IMG_2460.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Paul. Have to say i am really enjoying making this dio. Always something to do on it and it keeps my mind active. But not much more to do now after the trees and gate before i can call it done (for now).

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alan
You really are in your element here. It is looking superb. All credit to you for your willingness to learn as you go along and experiment.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I wouldn't say 'in my element' as it is totally out of my comfort zone. But as you say. It's all about learning and experimenting. I've taken plenty of hints and advice from you guys on here so much of the thanks has to be directed towards those people including yourself.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just the top section of the tree to go. Never thought it would be such a slow process in putting the scatter (leaves) on. I suppose that now i've done one tree, i'll be quicker next time. But it's way more stressful than i thought it would be but i am trying to add the leaves in a methodical order so i'm not gluing over other sections where possible.

Just a few bits to clean up. The glue can be a little 'stringy' but at least it grips the scatter and holds it. Also had to re-attach a branch as i broke it off. rather a lot of swearing was done.

IMG_2462.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well the first tree is done. Needs a clean up but WOW. It totally transforms the diorama imho. Even the shadows it creates is exactly what i was trying to achieve. Have to say. I am well chuffed!

Now for the last two trees and the gate.

IMG_2463.JPGIMG_2464.JPGIMG_2465.JPG

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking forward to seeing the end result Alan this is coming along fantasticly.