Number of projects

First Name
Gwyn
I have two projects on the bench at the moment, a train and a car. I was thinking of starting on a biplane when I wondered how many projects other modellers have on the go at any one time?

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
too many to count!!!! Working my way through all the half started projects at the moment.

M

Mark P

I normally have just one but at the moment I have two because one is the main model and the other is one I mucked up a bit so I work on that one when my main one is drying or I need a break from it

D

dubster72

Dragon 1/35 Tiger I

Airfix 1/76 Cromwell

Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer

Dragon 1/35 Panzer III

Dragon 1/35 Ostwind

Trumpeter 1/35 KV-2

Pah, this list is depressingly long!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i prefer only one but occasionally like now have 2, but neither are big projects

i find it difficult to maintain enthusiasm for two things at once......one will always take precidence

no idea how people do 3+ projects  O.o

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I normally only have 2, so I can still be doing something while 1 is drying or glue going off! If I had too many probably get bits mixed and who knows what I would end up with.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
It depends what you mean by a project. I might do one kit at a time, or  2 or 3 kits at the same time, but they will all be related in some way. For example - 

The old & new Airfix Defiant kits, using surplus alternative parts & patterns from the new kit to improve the old

The same types, such as Hurricanes or Mosquitoes, so I can slightly cross - kit with propellers, decals, weapons and so on, especially if they have similar colour schemes

Different types, such as Beaufighter & Mosquito, which tend to have similar weapons and colour schemes

So, there may be a few kits that are made at the same time, but I would class that as one project

I would never have totally different types on the go together, such as a Spitfire and an F - 100 Super Sabre or have, say, a plane and a ship being made at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I normally limit myself to one kit at a time, but there may be some war games figures being painted or scenery under construction as well.

T

tommy1drop

These are just a few on the go at the moment :sad:

Mirror models U.S. dozer

Dragon Jagdpanzer

Hobby Boss White cargo truck

Trumpeter KV 2

Dragon Sdkfz 7

Trumpeter ML-20

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
at this stage,properly around 4 to 5 or more, O.o

1.35 Dragon Jagdpanzer

1.35 Dragon Panzer 1v,

figure Bastet,with two cats,

1/16 Dragon, Horse and Rider,

and then,a 1.35,Su,Kv1,Tiger,and a lot of 28mm to 40mm,figures so that means some what more than 4/5 ;)

P

Polux

I usually have an amount.......

But now all them are stopped, and I'm only building my craftsman kits  :D   :D

First Name
Gwyn
It depends what you mean by a project. I might do one kit at a time, or  2 or 3 kits at the same time, but they will all be related in some way. For example - 

The old & new Airfix Defiant kits, using surplus alternative parts & patterns from the new kit to improve the old

The same types, such as Hurricanes or Mosquitoes, so I can slightly cross - kit with propellers, decals, weapons and so on, especially if they have similar colour schemes

Different types, such as Beaufighter & Mosquito, which tend to have similar weapons and colour schemes

So, there may be a few kits that are made at the same time, but I would class that as one project

I would never have totally different types on the go together, such as a Spitfire and an F - 100 Super Sabre or have, say, a plane and a ship being made at the same time.

I can see where me asking about projects could be confusing, I can also see that if I had used the word kits then people building dioramas would be almost bound to have a few on the go at the same time. Thanks for your reply it gives me an insight into how other modellers manage their modelling which from the replies seems variable.

J

John Rixon

2 - 3 generally, mostly as I use oil-paint rendering, and often have to wait a week or so between applications, but I do have a couple of builds on hold at the moment - a Dreadnought (bad choice for first ship) and a Diamond Wrecker (dunno why I didn't just buy a block of styrene and a file  ;) ) - I may go back to them when I have a longish quiet period, but for me, it's all about pleasure and enjoyment!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have two projects on the go, but illness has put a stop to them. I did the battle droid as a stop gap and really enjoyed it but, it left me knackered.

I have the RC 1/16 Tiger tank still to finish, new metal hull, sprockets and idlers painted but to do fit and weather.

I also have the RC 1/16 P-III, this is in total bits. New metal lower hull painted but not weathered, 2.4 system to fit, metal sprockets, idlers and road wheels to prime, paint and laquer then fit.  

I will get around to it, sometime.

P

Plastickitbasher

X 2 Airfix Sea Kings both getting closer to the finish line!!!!

Just started a 120mm British Army figure set in 1970's Northern Ireland

First Name
Robert
I have too many started projects to mention but........ And I say but I will finish them all ( some of the GB builds I'm struggling to get done and a few projects have lapsed into the corner. So walks on the bench at the moment 1/48 Bf109f ( winter camo) and a 1/72 Mk1 Huricane ( special )