Nearly there, made some engine breathers?, well bits on top of the engines out of clear sprue drilled out. Also some little counterbalances for the elevators. I had to replace the float struts with plastic card as the kits ones were hopeless. The floats are fixed temporally so see how things line up and the props are in the varnish shop.
Just a little update. Have masked it and got the main colours on. I don't know if I will finish by the end of the month as I'm waiting for some decals to arrive I may just put some generic letters and numbers on it if they don't come in time.
Elevator balances fitted, float rigging done, props and pitot tube fitted, also glazed the side windows under the wing with clearfix which after some fiddling worked just fine. Just some general titivating and touching up to do and that's about it. Have removed the masking from the cockpit glazing I found that it was rather fogged. Then I realised that when spraying I hadn't covered the side window openings under the wings and had sprayed the cockpit from the inside. Another senior moment!
I'm calling this finished now. touched up a few places and started to put the decals on. I had some ones from a Xtrakit kit however whilst the small registration at the rear of the fuselage went on ok the large ones for the wings disintegrated into powder. So as every time I pick it up I seem to break something off I'll call it done. The wooden props didn't come up a nice as I thought they would but they are better than the kit ones. I shall have to practice on them.
Well done to you. I helped one of my daughters build this model (she's never touched one since) and know it really is quite a poor kit (that's as polite as I can be about this kit) You've done a great job getting this result.