"Out of Gas and out of time"

First Name
Robert
\ said:
There's a set of Dragon figures that might suit your diorama idea
View attachment 144628

They're nicely detailed & could look like they're examining the abandoned Jagdpanzer
Just what I need ( I'll take a look and see how much I need to fork out ( just paid £12 for some decals from Xtradecal ( generic white numbers/ stars ( US fashion ) and 7th Armoured div ( NW Euope 1944/45 ) which includes motor pool div which will tie in with my Willys/ trailer!

I like the look of the GI s too they will sit perfect in my dio looking over the Jagdpanzer ( never built Dragon guys before ( are they any good)

Just a thinking outside the box here ( would the Allies of tried to obtain such a AFV if they found it not damaged per say ( just out of fuel) try putting fuel in it and cranking it or would they try to disable it, or would the Germans disable) thinking of a Jagdpanzer with a massive America flag on it!!

hahahahaha

D

dubster72

I rate Dragon figures very highly. The folds of their uniforms are extremely well sculpted & the faces have good expressions. In particular, their Gen 2 sets come with pe equipment & hollowed out barrels.

I think that front line troops didn't have much time to muck about with captured equipment, although there are a few examples showing otherwise

9KYJObJ.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-01-05-at-14.47.16.png

Worth thinking about!

First Name
Robert
Well I think personally if the AFV is not FUBAR it could have been used for evaluation ( I mean take the Me262 and FW190 they flew a lot of these in the development of such greats like the North American Sabre and Mig 15

due to testing the wing geometry and the Fw 190 had a superior piston engine. Surely the Maybach engine was worth it too ( oh don't they have a Maybach luxury car.

I mean in all fairness tank development not only comes from the drawing board but also comes from taking a good idea and improving.

" what was it goering said, give me a few squadrons of Spitfires to win the BOB!!

Regards

Robert

D

dubster72

Certainly a lot of vehicles were taken away for testing & evaluation. As you say, there's nothing an engineer likes more than getting their hands on some tasty bit of kit! Even more so when friends quickly become enemies as with the Soviet Union after the wars end.

Many German vehicles were taken back to the Aberdeen proving grounds in the USA, which is where a lot of the measurements for model kits came from. Not always with great accuracy it must be said! Early examples of Jagdtiger kits had incorrect barrel lengths because the one at Aberdeen had been spiked by its crew before they abandoned it. Unfortunately none of the model companies knew this unit model makers pointed it out ;)

Not only tanks or planes were taken. The similarities between MP 43/44 & the AK47 are too much to be coincidental.

But my point that front line troops wouldn't be part of this still stands. Rear echelon units would have the responsibility of clearing the battlefield.

First Name
Robert
Well got me some decals today from Hannants xtradecal ( some American vehicle stars and numerical and also some company markings which will all go to the Willys and trailer

Also got some yanks coming from Kingfit ( thanks Dubster ) for the key

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Very nice painting on the jeep,looks airbrushed.
Well my A/b compressor died on me ( my brother in law fixed it once but now it's gone to the compressor in the Sky. I await my new one from John ( coming on slow boat from China)

In the mean time I am using my hairy sticks ( humbrol flat brushes and thin coats seem to work fine if taking longer than normal

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
After taking Dubsters advice got myself on some 1/35 Americans for the " Out of gas out of time" I'm working on.

Arrived by mail from Kingfit and can I say they are very well detailed indeed. I have used Masterbox in the past but these are exquisite in detail ( facials are really good and the weapons are spot on from ref pics I have. even comes with decals for the soldiers which is a nice treat ( think it's second generation moulding but looks very detailed)

Now I've started back at work the time to model will be shortened but I'm hoping to get this one amongst others done before I retire!! ( 19yrs) Hahahaha

Pics of sprues etc

Comments welcome

Robert

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg