OVER THE EDGE dio

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
A great dioarama well thought out and nicely presented with great painting and weathering effects.

Nice one cheers John

M

My Model Car Workshop

This is one of the best war scene dioramas I have seen, but I do agree with Si, the scout car is a little too far forward to remain in the horizontal position, it would have looked more natural if it had another vehicle coupled to it, which would have prevented it from actually going over the edge. Otherwise, first class Barry!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Brilliant work, scenery is fantastic as is the collapsed bridge and 'Jumping German', only very very slight point, would the commander be still sat in the cupola with his arms folded. maybe a reason

First Name
barry
\ said:
Brilliant work, scenery is fantastic as is the collapsed bridge and 'Jumping German', only very very slight point, would the commander be still sat in the cupola with his arms folded. maybe a reason
Thanks Steve ,yea he looks to calm ( maybe his legs stuck !) I am thinking about changing him.

First Name
barry
\ said:
This is one of the best war scene dioramas I have seen, but I do agree with Si, the scout car is a little too far forward to remain in the horizontal position, it would have looked more natural if it had another vehicle coupled to it, which would have prevented it from actually going over the edge. Otherwise, first class Barry!
Thanks Geoff.

T

trnkepfc

amazing work my friend, give us some tutorial for the rocks . cheers

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
quality work love the action in your dio dont hold much hope for the bloke jumping out the side...as i said love the it the ground work and the recked tracks adds so much

First Name
barry
\ said:
amazing work my friend, give us some tutorial for the rocks . cheers
If you go on to recent posts page 4 about half way down you will see "part two blown bridge" on that page i explain how i did rocks.

p s I am changing guy on top of scout car.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Barry, how about showing him trying to push past his crewman at the hatch?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I really like those "micro-greens" what are they?o_O

First Name
barry
\ said:
I really like those "micro-greens" what are they?o_O
They are from woodland scenics the ones i use are F52 medium green ,T 63 light green ,FG 174 medium green also two diff colours of flock ( got no packs for them so dont know what make just got a light and dark ) also little tufs of grass from green line.

hope thats a help.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that's good Barry , it all works , the broken bridge supports , the cliff , the armoured train , it's superb

This is something I can't do , I've tried to do it but it just looks like five year old has done it so total respect :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
The blokey on the top getting out is much better ........ I think you've "Nailed It".

D

Deleted member 3568

Great build is an understatement but it's the only award avaliable, superb work and imagination, just one thing (I know nothing about these rail guns ) would it not have been pulled by a train, if so could you not put the rear bit showing on the other side of the bridge, as I could see it jumping that gap.

First Name
barry
\ said:
Great build is an understatement but it's the only award avaliable, superb work and imagination, just one thing (I know nothing about these rail guns ) would it not have been pulled by a train, if so could you not put the rear bit showing on the other side of the bridge, as I could see it jumping that gap.
Thanks for comments Ken, these scout cars were self powered and did not need to be pulled by a loco .

T

Tibbs

A great idea, superbly executed..... Looks outstanding, first class dio.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Now you have positioned the gunner getting out is much better, but I would be inclined to move the scout car back about half an inch and slightly lessen the angle of tilt a touch. It would then look as though it had just stopped in time, before actually going over the edge. Just a suggestion Barry, but I think it would look better. Also it would give the guy getting out of the side hatch, more chance to reach that tree branch.