P-47D 1/48 Monogram

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the support from everyone through a trying build,its very much appreciated. This one almost went to the bin on more than one occasion. I learned a few things,and pulled out of the dive before impact. Thanks again and enjoy the pics,as always comments and critiques are always welcome cheers Trey

I'm calling it done

Added some gunsight details

I used watercolor mixed with Formula'560' canopy glue for the id lights after drilling them slightly

also used the same canopy glue for the clear position lights

I used aluminum tubing for the exhaust and punched out disc for the pressure valve that goes in the outlet

cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderfully finished Trey, after all those trials you have to be happy with the result. Nice work on the gun sight and exhaust too.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Joe!

Thanks to a fellow modeller who took the time to point out that the gear angle needed a tweak!

The fix,looks a lot better ! Nice when someone has the guts to do that for ya,I think we all worry a bit about stepping on feelings but this kind of input is a big help!

M

mobear

woohoo it got built,looks better than my best builds lol 5*s from me as i love this plane

mobear

C

CDW

Well for saying this one kneed you in the private parts and then kicked you when you were down i think it's turned out brilliant ... i'd be well happy at producing an aircraft of that quality.

totally worth * * * * *

S

Saber

5 stars all the way and worth all the hassle. The finish is top knotch and it looks great :smiling3:

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey I knew you'd pull it off top marks 5*s all the way.

Vaughan

First Name
Michael
Fantastic work Trey, well done! Great finish, very smart plane indeed. M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
5 star job trey, the paint turned out great , cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Didn't think for a minute that the master painter would fail - outstanding finish as always Trey. Cheers Derek

p.s. 5 Star.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great result. Even better when we all know how much work went into it. No one likes doing the same job twice - but you beat it !!

\ said:
Trying not to go hog wild with a/m goodies on this one so making the most out of whats in the box is a must. First up I gave the wheels a retread and then 'weighted' them,may have weighted them a tad much but I'll roll with it!
Could you tell me how did you achieved this?