P47D C1 FAB WWII (Academy 1/72)

P

Paulo Castro

A few people know that Brazilian troops fought shoulder to shoulder with the Allies in Italy against the Axis during World War II.

Even fewer know that Brazilian pilots formed a squadron, the 1st Brazilian Squadron attached to the 350FG.

They flew the powerful P47D Thunderbolts.

I've used the good Academy kit with FCM decals to represent a plane flown by Cap. Fortunato. He was the creator of the distinctive armed ostrich painted on the port side of the motor cowling.

Here the photos:

P47D_C1-0001.JPG

P47D_C1-0002.JPG

P47D_C1-0003.JPG

P47D_C1-0004.JPG

P47D_C1-0005.JPG

P47D_C1-0006.JPG

As usual, comments and critics are welcome!

Cheers

Paulo

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking Jug Paulo. I did not know that Brazil had a squadron involved, good history there, and nice to see a P-47 in some different markings.

First Name
Robert
Agree with Joe ( I was unaware of the Brazilian involvement) but it is nice to see "the Jug" in differant hands and markings than the usual USAF

That's a cracking looking model and depicting it armed to the teeth is great Paulo

Lovely paintwork and decalling and subtle weathering

Well done

Robert

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
You've shown us a Brazilian before I'm sure, another great subject and I nice bubbletop p47d. What a beast!

Cheers

Phil

P

Paulo Castro

\ said:
Another cracker, Paulo. Your modelling-factory runs at full speed, mate!!! ;) :smiling3:
It's because I'm showing you my collection going back 3 years. I usually build 3-5 models a year!