Paint color help

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
How do I know if the paint will be fragile?
Most won’t be. I mentioned it because of a bad experience I had with Mission Models paint recently, which is very fragile. But you can easily test it by painting some leftover sprue, or, as Ian suggests, a plastic spoon or something; let it dry overnight and if you can rub it off it with your fingers or scratch it with your nails, the paint is clearly fragile. But most won’t be.

If I´m ging to brush it I suppose I need to thin it more so I can apply a few thin layers without loosing details.
Again: try it first. The sprue is a good place once more, because it’s the same material as the model and you can brush over some of the numbers and things that are on there to see if you will fill in details or not. If you’re building a tank or similar, the underside of the hull is also a good place to try paints, techniques, etc.

First Name
Robert
I got my two tanks now, really tiny stuff 1/72 but I saw on youtube that plasmo model build the same revell T35, but he is a big step ahead of me.

I got one shot primer form ammo, I tried it, and it seems to level really good. I was thinking about priming the parts when on sprue.

I was thinking about buying this book. I know I can get alot of info for free on youtube, internet, but they made a book for a reason i think.

https://pocketmags.com/the-weathering-magazine/how-to-paint-172-military-vehicles