Panhard AML-90, Tiger Model 1/35

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Going well, by the looks of it. Though did you notice you left some of the sprue in the hatch openings on the turret? :smiling3:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Yep,nice start :smiling3:
Looks to be a nicely detailed kit too... Was the metal barrel included or is it after market?
Good stuff,
Andy
(PS, not much gets past Jakko!! ;) )
Hi Andy
The kit included both the main barrel and machine gun in metal, which was a bit surprising, but welcome.
The kit is pretty detailed, however some of the assembly details are a bit sketchy, but it hasn't phased me yet.
Cheers
Garry

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Garry, I hope I'm not going to interfere with your thread, but I have some pics you might find useful or, at least, interesting.
AML 90 002.jpgAML 90 003.jpgAML 90 004.jpgAML 90 005.jpg
The unit is the 1er Regiment Hussards Parachutistes (RHP) during an exercise in the early '90s in Carcassonne area.
I'm the author, so there's no problem about copyright, intellectual property and so on.
That Tiger Model looks like it's a nice and finely detailed kit. I'm looking forward for your next steps.
Andrea

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Garry, I hope I'm not going to interfere with your thread, but I have some pics you might find useful or, at least, interesting.
View attachment 442325View attachment 442326View attachment 442327View attachment 442328
The unit is the 1er Regiment Hussards Parachutistes (RHP) during an exercise in the early '90s in Carcassonne area.
I'm the author, so there's no problem about copyright, intellectual property and so on.
That Tiger Model looks like it's a nice and finely detailed kit. I'm looking forward for your next steps.
Andrea
Thank you Andrea, much obliged.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Garry

That looks like a very detailed kit. Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Going well, by the looks of it. Though did you notice you left some of the sprue in the hatch openings on the turret? :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko, yes I had left them there while I was busy with that section, I'll remove them when I'm completing the top of the turret. Thanks for mentioning it though.
Garry

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
A little more progress on the build.
I'm reasonably happy with the outcome considering it's been a very long time since my last build.
Jakko, I left the sprue in the turret to counteract the bending while it sets. ;)
84CC7F91-8DFE-455F-AB87-B85D70D92FE4.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is looking very nice. Are you leaving the hull top detachable so all the interior can be seen?

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
That is looking very nice. Are you leaving the hull top detachable so all the interior can be seen?
Yes the design is such, that it is removable by rotating the turret till the slots, which can just be seen in the turret ring, close to the sprue sections are reached, and then the turret top is lifted off.