Panhard AML-90, Tiger Model 1/35

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks as if that internal work was fiddly, looks very neat Garry .

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
With the actual assembly complete, I have started adding some colour.
This one will be in parade ground trim, as it has to sit alongside my military badges and other bits in a cabinet, so battle worn would not suit.
I have added a little distressing inside the turret though as that is not seen on parade.
It has been an interesting build, with the usual beginner mess ups, but it has been enjoyable nonetheless.
39E6B825-C943-4EFD-88CB-A50153EAC021.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice progress :smiling3:
Looks very well detailed, and the internals will make a lovely contrast for when you peek in after assembly ;)
Nice work Garry,
Andy

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Gary well im not into armour but your build looks good an its got a heck of a big mussle brake on the gun but i will be following your build as ive never seen an A/C like this an what country army has it ? an ive often wondered about the tryes are they self sealing if they get hit by bullets or solid rubber ?
chris

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Garry!!

ATB.

Andrew

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Gary well im not into armour but your build looks good an its got a heck of a big mussle brake on the gun but i will be following your build as ive never seen an A/C like this an what country army has it ? an ive often wondered about the tryes are they self sealing if they get hit by bullets or solid rubber ?
chris
Thanks Chis
The Panhard is a French vehicle, but has been used extensively throughout Africa as well as Israel, I trained on one of these in South Africa in 1969, before converting to the armour intelligence section.
The tyres are run flat in case of a hit. It is a bit of a pig to drive, as there was no power assist anything, neither brakes nor steering, and to confuse the whole thing had a break-neck electric clutch.
However I was young and energetic in those days :smiling2:
Garry

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
what country army has it ?
Like Garry says, it’s French but used widely all over the world, especially in former French colonies, but also South Africa (where it’s known as Eland), Israel, Ireland, among others, and by Argentina in the Falklands. AML stands for Auto Mitrailleuse Légère, literally “Light Machine Gun Car” or more loosely, “Light Armoured Car”, and it’s used with a variety of different turrets. Garry’s has a 90 mm gun, but other common turrets carry a 60 mm mortar (capable of both indirect and direct fire) or 20 mm automatic cannon.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job. Don’t worry about your skill set. That’s a good result, and future models will build up the skill set very quicly :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
More “time served” than patience Garry. I have no patience whatever, but have built a lot of models over the years :tongue-out3:
As my old guitar teacher used to say, getting better is about learning and practicing things you don’t already know. Once you know them, practice something else.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
More “time served” than patience Garry. I have no patience whatever, but have built a lot of models over the years :tongue-out3:
As my old guitar teacher used to say, getting better is about learning and practicing things you don’t already know. Once you know them, practice something else.
You are right Tim
It reminds me of a story about the great golfer Gary Player, someone said to him that was was lucky, and he replied that the more he practiced the luckier he got.
Very true!