“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great kit this is moni although I suggest you swap with he figures they're awfull :smiling3:

How's a great time for you to do a desert scheme, I'm sure you've got some kitty litter :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Great kit this is moni although I suggest you swap with he figures they're awfull :smiling3:
How's a great time for you to do a desert scheme, I'm sure you've got some kitty litter :D
I think i do have some Alan,:rolleyes:,well have 3 cats but they use the garden lol, :D

what was the main thing that you did not like with the figures ? plz,as I do respect your opinion, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think i do have some Alan,:rolleyes:,well have 3 cats but they use the garden lol, :D
what was the main thing that you did not like with the figures ? plz,as I do respect your opinion, ;)
I thought you might :smiling3:

For me the figures were not very detailed they had no crisp lines and showed their age this kit is about 40 years old and although the tank is very good the figures are not , tamiya have just released some much better DAK figures with much better detail , they're the ones I used for my hanomag dio and they are roughly in the same poses :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
this is a great little kit considering how old it is, i did it not long ago and really enjoyed it

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I thought you might :smiling3:
For me the figures were not very detailed they had no crisp lines and showed their age this kit is about 40 years old and although the tank is very good the figures are not , tamiya have just released some much better DAK figures with much better detail , they're the ones I used for my hanomag dio and they are roughly in the same poses :smiling3:
thank you again lol, :D

I will have a look into them,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Paul,so glad that its a nice little kit,

I,m enjoying it so far, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do forget who made a jig to hold the hulls of tanks,but I did make one

today and what a great idea it is for painting,fitting wheels and so on,

so who ever it was what a great idea you had, :D

well have started on the lower hull,have it mostly done,a cobo of panzer gray and desert yellow,with some worm bits on it,:rolleyes:

started the wheels,and will put on in the morning before I,have to go out all day :sad: ,boo said face,

View attachment 120736

View attachment 120802

20151002_185445.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
ive always used a nut glued in the hull then a bit of threaded rod through a hole to make a 'handle'

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
its a great idea to use Paul,just makes it so much easier to do things , ;)

you know it took me over 1hr to find a bolt and 3 nuts,must go down the hardware shop and get a few more,

D

demon

Got one of these in grey primer so I'll be watching for hints and tips if you don't mind

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Ian,Roger,so glad that you both like it so far,

the easy part done, ;)

well ready for the top coats of gray and yellow,followed by some chipping,

to show the gray under the yellow,top coat,with wear from the sand ,taking it back to base coat /steel in some places :rolleyes:

\ said:
Got one of these in grey primer so I'll be watching for hints and tips if you don't mind
well Roger,I do hope that I,can be of some help,:rolleyes:

what my plan is to do it in Panzer gray,then top with desert yellow,then the fun part of weathering ,then add the

final bits and bobs before last filler coats,well that's:confused: ;) the plan,

View attachment 120928

View attachment 120929

View attachment 120930

View attachment 120931

View attachment 120932

20151003_080142.jpg

20151003_080150.jpg

20151003_080200.jpg

20151003_080206.jpg

N

noble

Nice kit Monica I have one in my stash looking forward to seeing what your going to do with yours.

Scott

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Scott,is a very quick simple build,real only adays work, ;)

the trick is with the painting of i,the wheels a little tricky,and real

hope that my idea to show a few different ,shads on it works,:confused:

First Name
Robert
Just caught up on this moni ( I've see. This kit many times and although I've started a few armour projects I'm not that good with them ( especially the wear and tear. Will be watching this for ideas to get the mojo swinging again. Like as always your use in mountains of colour ( a hint or two would be nice )

I have quite a few in my stash just waiting to get the right mojo

Regards

Robert

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Just caught up on this moni ( I've see. This kit many times and although I've started a few armour projects I'm not that good with them ( especially the wear and tear. Will be watching this for ideas to get the mojo swinging again. Like as always your use in mountains of colour ( a hint or two would be nice )
I have quite a few in my stash just waiting to get the right mojo

Regards

Robert
Hi Robert,your right need to be in the mood for figures or armour,I find,and some days will not do a thing,

I always use a black under coat,even on lite colored things,then may use a over all liter coat then do the panel lines and under tones in a darker color,

as with some think that's been used in the desert ,the yellowish coat was put on in the field,over the top of the panzer gray,

so you will have wear were the paint will show to the base coat,as the sand will pull the paint off,so the leading edges and hatches will show the most wear,

to the gray and even back to the red/brown,and steel,

I work off that type of thing,and the bigger flatter areas will get more sun that others so I do my fading along these,s line,

I will try and show some pics of each stage for you if that helps,

but this is how I,see things and may not be real right,but works in my eyes as I ,never see armour as new and untouched,

hope this is some help for you, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
First Name
Robert
:DI like this very much as you have shown the wear and tear on the extremities as you describe.this is where I prob need to work on as I have in past generally coat the whole model in grey or black primer then go over with lighter shades of top coat but tend to be a little heavy on the trigger ( or brush in the past ) with the top coats.

I've mainly modelled winged things and armour is reletavly new to me although I have a Churchill,tank on the go and a few more tanks in my stash.

After taking 3 mini strokes in July/ Aug I'm slowly getting myself back into the modelling theme and hope to be posting more builds on here soon

Will stay tuned for more Monica.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Robert :D :D:D:D:D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica