Panzer Kampfwagen 11,Ausf.F/G

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
:DI like this very much as you have shown the wear and tear on the extremities as you describe.this is where I prob need to work on as I have in past generally coat the whole model in grey or black primer then go over with lighter shades of top coat but tend to be a little heavy on the trigger ( or brush in the past ) with the top coats.
I've mainly modelled winged things and armour is reletavly new to me although I have a Churchill,tank on the go and a few more tanks in my stash.

After taking 3 mini strokes in July/ Aug I'm slowly getting myself back into the modelling theme and hope to be posting more builds on here soon

Will stay tuned for more Monica.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Robert :D :D:D:D:D
real with this type of thing Robert,its just time,to do ,in away may be like doing the wings ,were they get the most wear would be way

of saying it,I look at a lot of pics,to get an idea as well as what and were I,think it would get the most sun,and the use of hatches,that

type of thing all gives a spot of to were to start,but thats my way of doing it,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Patrick so glad that your liking it so far, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Speechless again Monica! Awesome base, tank looking great, when are you opening your museum? can't wait for a virtual tour:rolleyes: ................Jim:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Dougie,Dave,Jim,so glad that your liking it all so far, ;)

the hard part still to do the weathering of the tank,:eek::confused:

oh Jim,such kind works , :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well have the base and tank all but done,just a few fiddly bits to do

hear and there,

I know with the tank it is to harsh of weathering ,but I see it that way,as its the fall back of the Germans,so it would

of seen quite a bit of combat on its retreat,:rolleyes: :D

well hope your liking it so far,

still working on the figures,:confused:

View attachment 121405

View attachment 121406

View attachment 121407

View attachment 121408

View attachment 121409

View attachment 121410

View attachment 121411

View attachment 121412

View attachment 121413

View attachment 121414

View attachment 121415

20151006_175033.jpg

20151006_175040.jpg

20151007_150337.jpg

20151007_150347.jpg

20151007_150401.jpg

20151007_150409.jpg

20151007_150439.jpg

20151007_153857.jpg

20151007_153947.jpg

20151007_153954.jpg

20151007_154009.jpg

D

dubster72

Moni, normally I wouldn't like to see such harsh weathering on a German tank. And that's for 2 reasons - firstly, a tank only exists to protect it's crew & so they'd make sure their vehicle remained in good condition. Something that's especially true of German units.

Second, the Panzer II was used at a time of German victories, so the idea of a ' fighting retreat ' doesn't quite work for me.

But! Having said that, I still love what you've done here! Your style of weathering gives the model a richness of colour & tone that brings it to life.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Moni, can i be ultra, ultra critical ? (and it is very ultra :smiling3:
your most welcome to,say and surges,what you are thinking Steve, :rolleyes:

\ said:
Moni, normally I wouldn't like to see such harsh weathering on a German tank. And that's for 2 reasons - firstly, a tank only exists to protect it's crew & so they'd make sure their vehicle remained in good condition. Something that's especially true of German units.
Second, the Panzer II was used at a time of German victories, so the idea of a ' fighting retreat ' doesn't quite work for me.

But! Having said that, I still love what you've done here! Your style of weathering gives the model a richness of colour & tone that brings it to life.
I do full understand what you getting at Patrick,and real I,did not mean for it to look so harsh,

think the colors used ,have been maybe not the right choice, for this one,

maybe you are able to help with this,did they retreat from El-Alamein ? or were push back into libya,

because that's what I,m trying to show,

I will go over the red/brown,with a gray again ,leave only around the edges,as for some reason it dose over power with the sand colors,

but I did try to get the richness of the desert color,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ok I do totally agree with you Patrick,and also what you were going to say Steve,

so I did change the color again, ;)

To an over all,more just sun bleached,look,but I do still like the smoke stains around the grills,

as it a diesel engine working hard in hot sun so will smoke a lot,well That,s how I see it :rolleyes:

real should of lefted it as was with a pin line of dark brown,oh well we do live and lean,:confused:

hope that you do like this look better,:rolleyes:

View attachment 121563

View attachment 121564

View attachment 121565

View attachment 121566

20151007_154009.jpg

20151008_091140.jpg

20151008_091144.jpg

20151008_091155.jpg

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
OK; Just a couple of small point. The tank is in a very heavy used state, but the camouflage netting on the back looks brand spanking new, wouldn’t that show signs of wear and tear as well, unless the crew found a brand new unpacked one somewhere. Would the movement of the tank over the ground, knock of the piles of sand on the barrel and the sand on the tracks lower wheels just doesn’t seem to sit right, seeing as the tank is not 'down in the sand'.

HOWEVER

The juxtaposition of all the elements is very nice and the Sphinx/Pharaoh is brilliant.

Sorry :sad: :sad:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
ok I do totally agree with you Patrick,and also what you were going to say Steve,
so I did change the color again, ;)

To an over all,more just sun bleached,look,but I do still like the smoke stains around the grills,

as it a diesel engine working hard in hot sun so will smoke a lot,well That,s how I see it :rolleyes:

real should of lefted it as was with a pin line of dark brown,oh well we do live and lean,:confused:

hope that you do like this look better,:rolleyes:
That looks ace now Moni. At the end of the day modelling is like art, very subjective to the viewer. :smiling3: :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
OK; Just a couple of small point. The tank is in a very heavy used state, but the camouflage netting on the back looks brand spanking new, wouldn’t that show signs of wear and tear as well, unless the crew found a brand new unpacked one somewhere. Would the movement of the tank over the ground, knock of the piles of sand on the barrel and the sand on the tracks lower wheels just doesn’t seem to sit right, seeing as the tank is not 'down in the sand'.
HOWEVER

The juxtaposition of all the elements is very nice and the Sphinx/Pharaoh is brilliant.

Sorry :sad: :sad:
oh ouch lol, :sad: just joking only messing with you, :D

this is the very reason we post and say comments most welcome,:confused::eek: ......... :D

ok in my defense ,

the camo net not weathered,let,glue was drying :rolleyes:

with how the tank is in place with the men,Im still not sure if I,m having the turret facing backwards to cover them as there moving forwards,?

and I,do know what you mean as she is sitting high,that will be bebed in when I,do place it in,build up the ground around the track,

one of the very last things I do,before placing the men ;)

very right with the sand on the barrel don,t know what i was thinking lol,:confused: :D

so glad that you do like the rest, :D

remember unfinished dio

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
That looks ace now Moni. At the end of the day modelling is like art, very subjective to the viewer. :smiling3: :smiling3:
yes yes it is ,Steve,and some times we tend to get a bit lost and carried away with what were doing,:confused::eek:

that's what COMMENTS are for to bring you back in to the zone,not running off with what ever gets in your head,so

thank you for pulling me back in line,:rolleyes: :D

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Moni, you don't need pulling back in line :smiling3: ;) :smiling3: , i need to read and digest, didn't realise the dio was still in a development stage, sowwy :sad: . To be honest, every time i see you are up to 'something' I tag along cause i know it's going to good ;) .

Think I might have been venting after trying to build the engine on a 1/35 motorcycle for a build review on Armourama, to many small parts, does look good(ish) though :mad::mad:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta for the kind words Steve,much appreciated, :D always nice to have you along on a build, ;)

\ said:
Think I might have been venting after trying to build the engine on a 1/35 motorcycle for a build review on Armourama, to many small parts, does look good(ish) though :mad::mad:
so were is this beastly that's making your life hard with fiddly bits and bobs on it,:rolleyes:

I have not seen it ,some think I have missed,? :confused: