PanzerII dio

D

dubster72

I'm always unsure about bright bare metal on tanks Alan.

Simply for the reason that I use modern heavy plant machinery for my inspiration/reference

& they hardly ever have bright steel showing.

Within the day it's begun to oxidize, develop into rust patches. Aircraft are different in that they get maintained everyday, so fresh bare metal would be

seen quite often.

Just my opinion ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yes Patrick I agree , this is a test most of this type of weathering will show a grey for the real colour as these tanks were delivered in the standard tank grey to North Africa and were painted in the field so the finished tank will be weathered and worn :smiling3:

D

dubster72

That looks good Alan, nicely sandblasted! Watch out for the tracks when you get to them. They're a pain to glue & someone put theirs on the wrong way round .... :sad:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan

Nice work on the lower hull. If I might make a suggestion, the leaf springs would take particular 'hammer' and are an area where rust and weathered metal techniques can come into their own.

Cheers

Paul

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Patrick I'm pleased you like it , I don't clue track I melt them with a heated flat head screwdriver :smiling3:

Paul be patient my friend :D

P

Polux

Sorry, I'm late Alan...!! But here I am :D

The Panzer II is a nice one, let's see what kind of lovely tank you will build ;)

Cheers

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the look of this one Alan, and its a little different as well, as the sand would wear right down to bear metal, like it well done so far :rolleyes:

First Name
Aaron
The Tamiya panzer 2 is a great kit for testing techniques on. Nice work.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys and gal I'm glad your enjoying it so far :smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Very nicely done Alan, the weathering and chipping looks just brilliant! Can't wait to see it with some figures.

Have you done a Patrick with those tracks thougho_O

Jason

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nicely done Alan, the weathering and chipping looks just brilliant! Can't wait to see it with some figures.Have you done a Patrick with those tracks thougho_O

Jason
Thanks Jason and however do mean :oops:

View attachment 86516

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks good mate, nicely done, great weathering. Think you may have just found your Forté.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks mate I appreciate that , I must say I'm better at vehicles than aircraft , put the decals on it now but I need to scuff them up a bit so they fit with the tank they look too new lol

I also have to somehow put a base in the tank so I can put the commander in it

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Patrick I did do that but Jason pointed it out and I was able to change it :smiling3:

Must admit I like yours even if it only does go around in circles :D Nice weathering and I like that scratch effect you've got , I've tried to do that a few times and it's never really worked for me but I'm a hairy stick chap so that's probably why

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Alan i real like it well done and nice weathering as well,:rolleyes: