PanzerII dio

T

treyzx10r

Nice weathered looking tank Alan. Not having done much Armor I would be putting all kinds of bits on the wrong way,I could see how easy of a mistake that would be. Looking forward to seeing the next update!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you they and Monica I'm glad you like it :smiling3: ,

\ said:
Nice weathered looking tank Alan. Not having done much Armor I would be putting all kinds of bits on the wrong way,I could see how easy of a mistake that would be. Looking forward to seeing the next update!
trey this was a test for me tbh and I had no idea how it was going to turn out and it was a big sigh of relief when it worked because if it didn't it could have been turned into a burned out wreck :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Decals are now on and I've scuffed them up to suit the vehicle better :smiling3: now the more knowledgeable Amongst you might pick me up on the decal positioning of sum but that was a case of the decal placement in the kit , they only showed one side of the tank and it was in Japanese so I had to research it and I found no two kits of this were the same so I just looked at the box lid View attachment 86536

View attachment 86537

View attachment 86538

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P

Polux

Wow Alan!!! You go very fast mate :eek:

Clean and tidy. The colour is very nice and the weathering is magnificent. ;)

He is waiting for a sandy diorama :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Polux that is praise indeed from yourself , it's a shame the tank commander is not of equal quality to the tank there's no crisp detail to him and that makes painting him difficult View attachment 86539

I think I will forgets this figure and have the hatch closedimage.jpg

D

dubster72

I wouldn't worry about the decals Alan, what's important is that you've got a terrific Panzer II there.

At least yours are straight - I had a wonky one on the back!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Ok now I've softened the surface I will leave this to dry completely then see how it settles back sometimes it needs a little touch up but I think this will be ok View attachment 86545

This method is very good foe snow scenes :smiling3: image.jpg

D

dubster72

Looks good Alan, I like how you've got the groundwork colours similar to that of the Panzer :smiling3:

N

noble

That's very nice so far Alan, I like how the tank colour almost mirrors the ground colour. Nice weathering and detailing.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm pleased you like it :smiling3: the base is coloured in four different washes not an ounce is solid paint and all four had different strengths of wash to give it depth and I'm surprised it worked so well

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks really good Alan, very effective. Defo one of your best dios, and that is saying something as I think 90% of your dios are good...okay, defo in the top 5.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

\ said:
That looks really good Alan, very effective. Defo one of your best dios, and that is saying something as I think 90% of your dios are good...okay, defo in the top 5.Si:smiling3:
mate don't count that yet the figures in this are awful , I'll do my best with them but I doubt they will improve this dio

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is one of the figures for the dio , after a bit of resurch into uniform colours I found out that they had a green olive look and also that it faded pretty quickly so I painted this one in the olive green but thought it was rather dark so I just dry brushed him with a bit of light olive and this was the result , I think it's good but would like to hear some thoughts :smiling3:

View attachment 86622

image.jpg

D

dubster72

I think its great Alan, it looks very realistic, if a little camp in that pose!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looking good, i always struggle with figures

i like how the base turned out

D

Deleted member 3568

I love the weathering and the base you've done a great job so far loving it keep it coming

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Figures look great Al, nice painting and the flesh tones look spot on. I would be well pleased with them, hate figures...:mad:

Si:smiling3: