PanzerII dio

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all looking very good Alan, great work on the base , real like how the tank and ground do blend so well, ;)

and top work on the little guy as well, always hard to do ,but he has turned out very well,i cannot fault him at all,

keep up the great work :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks moni I appreciate that :smiling3:

Now I've noticed that a few people say they struggle with figures so I thought I would do a little tutorial on how I do them seeing as people seem to like them and if it helps people then that's great

First thing is wash your your figures now I know your all thinking well duh but the reason is if brush paint and primer/undercoat them then this will remove some of the detail one more paint is added.

Next up is one coat of the uniform colour View attachment 86712

Leave to dry completely then add a wash of black if the base colour is dark or a shade of a darker colour if it's a light coloured uniform I use this on these particular figuresView attachment 86713

And it looks like this View attachment 86714

then you dry brush in a lighter colour for this I used a light olive to give it depth so the black looks less harsh and the top of the fabric folds look lighter
This is then finished for the uniform

Now skin tone this is exactly the same first your skin colourView attachment 86716

then your wash View attachment 86717

Now this is quite a thick wash so it's best to thin it down with a bit of water maybe about three dips of a brush to thin it and it looks like this View attachment 86718

Again once dry ,dry brush again with your skin colour , View attachment 86721

Once you've done that you just repeat the process for the rest of the figure including all equipment and weapons and this should be the result View attachment 86719

View attachment 86720

I hope this helps :smiling3:

View attachment 86715

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

did that man throw a masher in to that hole? this is really good,nice paint job and weathering

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
did that man throw a masher in to that hole? this is really good,nice paint job and weathering
Thanks ole glad you like it :smiling3:

Are you referring to the whole in the table ?

M

mobear

shhhh i know its for the umbrella stand,i`m getting old u know lol

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
My apologies Alan, I've over looked your creation :oops: (slap on the wrist expected :sad: ). Everything is looking as expected from yourself...quality! :D

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers lee I appreciate it :smiling3:

Now I have added another figure View attachment 86733

View attachment 86734

Only one more to go but where to put him ? If I put him on the right it might look too symmetrical but if I put him on the left it might look to crowded mmmmm what to do
image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Not a bad idea Scott I'll try that when he's got his arms on :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I have now added the final figure now and worked out the final figure position and it works but I'll post a completed thread tomorrow to get the natural light that will present it better :smiling3:

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and suggestions I appreciate them :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Nice work on those figures mate. I would never attempt to paint old tamiya figures,in fact I have those figures still on the sprue in my desk drawer. I would gamble that a few of us have these guys stuffed away somewhere :smiling3:

I like the way you've done them...solid technique.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nice work on those figures mate. I would never attempt to paint old tamiya figures,in fact I have those figures still on the sprue in my desk drawer. I would gamble that a few of us have these guys stuffed away somewhere :smiling3: I like the way you've done them...solid technique.
Aaron I know exactly what you mean , they must be the worse figures I have ever seen thanks for the comments I appreciate it :smiling3: