papa 695s Airfix 1/76 T34

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Brave man Ian - never been a great kit even when new all those years ago :confused:

Well done for replacing the grille but I it is far too recessed - mesh needs to be near top of the aperture with thin foil like strips over top rather than big bars
Rear edge should curve over as well down towards the hinges

Missing all the hex nuts off the rear plate

There‘s lots wrong with it but I guess it depends on how far you want to correct it, or not, as the case may be

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ian, just think, if it was 10% smaller you would be working in Paul E. and my scale...break out the optivisor! Have fun with this, it looks like you are getting sound advice from Mr. T so I'll sit back and enjoy your efforts. I expect Mr. Race will be along shortly so you might
put the kettle on. Cheers, Rick H.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Brave man Ian - never been a great kit even when new all those years ago :confused:

Well done for replacing the grille but I it is far too recessed - mesh needs to be near top of the aperture with thin foil like strips over top rather than big bars
Rear edge should curve over as well down towards the hinges

Missing all the hex nuts off the rear plate

There‘s lots wrong with it but I guess it depends on how far you want to correct it, or not, as the case may be
Thanks for the info Simon I’ve changed the grill now.
1E18EC4A-3D13-4E51-B2E3-F3C632EA7B80.jpeg
I’m not going too far just trying to make it look something like.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Ian,
We used to build these up and use them as target practice in the Anti-Tank platoon, not the main armament but just the Bren.
I salute your dexterity in building in 1/76 scale - well done.
Cheers,
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Scuse my ignorance Ian but why are there two turrets
There are two principal versions of the T-34: one is called the T-34 (not “T-34/76”) and had a 76 mm main gun in a two-man turret, the other, later one is called the T-34-85 (not “T-34/85”) and had an 85 mm gun in a three-man turret. The smaller of the two turrets in Ian’s photo represents an early 76 mm version (there were several others, all broadly similar but differing in details), the bigger one represents the 85 mm version.

Airfix seem to have provided both to give the modeller a choice of which version to represent. However, the hull details look to be wrong for one or both of them, going by the pictures above :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian very nice work young man you must be enjoying yourself if your putting weld beads on, keep up the good work.
Pete
Thanks Pete, I am enjoying this build. I think because it’s such a poor kit, I’m not bothered if I mess it up. Just trying different things.