Pzkpfw 1 Ausf C

First Name
Aaron
Hobby Boss 1/35

View attachment 98988

40 of these were produced along with 6 prototypes, 38 were deployed to the L VIII panzer reserve corps during the Normandy landings. After research on the kit was done I found out the individual links provided are too big for the drive sprocket but I have a cunning plan to deal with this without buying aftermarket tracks. Fingers crossed, here we go.

2015-02-05 13.47.51.png

D

dubster72

That's an interesting choice Aaron - I'm surprised & somewhat dubious about them being used in Normandy though - they were obsolete by 1941 & I can't imagine many crews climbing into these while looking longingly at Tigers, Panthers & P IVs! ;(

T

tommy1drop

Definitely got my attention Aaron, will be watching this with interest(got one in the stash, small track links:eek:smiling3: looking forward to seeing this build mate;)

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
That's an interesting choice Aaron - I'm surprised & somewhat dubious about them being used in Normandy though - they were obsolete by 1941 & I can't imagine many crews climbing into these while looking longingly at Tigers, Panthers & P IVs! ;(
Box info: These were designed to provide an amply armored and armed reconnaissance light tank, what gets me was they were deployed in 43 but sported panzer grey.

View attachment 98989

View attachment 98990

View attachment 98991

images.jpg

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Definitely got my attention Aaron, will be watching this with interest(got one in the stash, small track links:eek:smiling3: looking forward to seeing this build mate;)
Lol check out all the track sprues right, I've built the master box panzer 1 and these can't be worse than them.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
you have my attention Aaron, i will be keeping an eye on this, :D

as im very interested in what your doing with the tracks,and drive sprocket ;)

C

chris2681

Cool kit. I like the lil german tanks. Sounds as if it might be a challenging build , but sometimes a challenge can be fun and when its done it will feel great knowing you could work through the less than perfect parts and still make it come together. Good luck with it and hope you enjoy it. :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Chris and Monica,

I agree Chris, a challenging kit can be fun as long as it doesn't defeat me. Thick sprue gates mean every part needs a lot of clean up and care but the fit is beautiful.

I got this kit on sale for nzd$ 20 so no complaints.

C

chris2681

Well its a cool kit so I think a lil tlc during the build will produce a impressive lil addition to your collection.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be looking forward to this one,as Chris said dose add to the fun a challenging kit dose that, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh Lol,do not wont to be in your spot ,dont know if there scary or not :eek::rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Going to be another interesting project Aaron. Regarding Normandy use, I found online that there were thirty-eight deployed to LVIII Panzer Reserve Corps during the Normandy landings.

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
MMM interesting.scott
Sarcasm noted bro lol.

\ said:
Going to be another interesting project Aaron. Regarding Normandy use, I found online that there were thirty-eight deployed to LVIII Panzer Reserve Corps during the Normandy landings.
Yeah but it's weird they are panzer grey and not dunkel gelb.

\ said:
oh Lol,do not wont to be in your spot ,dont know if there scary or not :eek::rolleyes:
Doing this was the scary part.

View attachment 99079

I just hope it looks OK when the feet are on. In my mind it will work.

It's not in my nature to make such surgery on kits but the tracks didn't fit and S.W.M.B.O controls the purse strings so no after market tracks and sprocket for me.

Thanks for dropping by peeps. Wish me luck :confused:

2015-02-06 13.19.45.png

T

tommy1drop

Nice one Aaron, If I send you mine can you do them for me:rolleyes:

Last edited: