RC Bell 222 UT

B

backonthecase

Looking great!!! A change for you indeed Theuns. Did you carve the "male" yourself?

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx, I only made the top cabin section mold myself. The fuselarge moulds I have but they are not the greatest and the layups need allot of work to get nice.

The cabin plug was carved from high density foam, sealed with a layup of epoxy/glass and the the fun began to fill , sand and pollish it the the one you see in the pic.

Here are some pix of the carving.

I am hoping to get this bird ready in a week's time as there is a big RC heli flyinn and I wish to drum up some more orders!

Theuns

View attachment 55675

View attachment 55676

View attachment 55677

models 011.jpg

222 002.jpg

222 003.jpg

Last edited:
T

T. van Vuuren

I am happy to report that the hover tests went very well ansd that the Raptor 50 has more than enough power to lift the big fuse (total weight painted is 1350gr) here with a dencety alt of around 8000'

Flight tests (and hopefully better pix) will be this Saturday, now I can start production of these and maybe even build one for myself LOL!

Theuns

View attachment 56216

222 #2 hover.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

The wind was way to strong to test fly the 222 over the weekend, maybe next week I hope.

Theuns

M

mobear

will be looking for a video of the flight,with a hint of jealousy

mobear

T

T. van Vuuren

I will aask the owner if they can do a you tube upload and then post a link. The weather here is BAD, almost like UK weather LOL!

In the meantime I am repairing the MD 500 that was damaged. The flew the mechanics over the weekend (electric model ,600 size) and it has the absolute correct rotor sound like the real one!

Theuns

M

mobear

now that would be cool to see running and to hear once its repaired

mobear

M

M.D.S

Quick work on this one but it looks good too - have spent quite a while on mine but then again I am doing a lot more detail with all the rivets etc, finally getting closer to the painting stage. I have even managed to convert an original head to flybarless and it does not look much different to the real thing :smiling3:

I also have an MD500e as a next project !!

Mark.

Last edited:
T

T. van Vuuren

View attachment 79607

Hi guys. I have been working on the tooling prototype of the 222's molds that I want to complete as a demo model.
I have on this one added a little more detail like cut open the rear upper cowling and filling it with mesh as per full size.

This one will have retracts aswell as airfoil shaped stabs.

I opted for a simple colorsheeme, but I like it. I just need to add the pinstripes for the doors.

Theuns

View attachment 79608

222 004.jpg

222 005.jpg

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That looks fantastic Theuns, i really like the scheme . Hope it gets you plenty of sales , cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

I am sure "modern" 700 yes, it is from my old Shluter 60 size molds.

Theuns

W

Willi262

\ said:
Looking good so far :smiling3: That's not a bad price either for a ready built machine - normally you would expect to pay a lot more than that. That's one lucky customer you have :smiling3:

Mine is also done as an air ambulance - quite a common role for these Heli's.

Mark.
The Bell helicopter used in the old 80s TV show "Airwolf" was later converted to an air ambulance. Then it crashed. I don't know if there were any patients on board at the time, but I believe at the very least, the pilots were killed.

T

T. van Vuuren

I remember seeing that B222 (airwolf) at a display here in SA in the late 80's IIRC.

The problem with the airwolf scheeme for me is that the black can diss-apear very fast.

Theuns