RDG Miniatures 1/10th Samurai Horse Bust

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
RDG Miniatures 1/10th Samurai Horse Bust

Picked this bust (kit) up at the stoke model show from the guys at RDG/ Mitches Military Models stand,

52361903490_723cc2c501_o.jpg

Its a very impressive and will be a large piece when finished, looking at the display item, standing at over 27mm tall when finished. As usual the detailing, sculpting and casting are superb, one piece was damaged and missed another piece, but an email to RDG and they were in the post, at no charge - excellent customer care.

Pieces have had the casting point removed and cleaned up. Horse head has been glued to the body, small gap filled with Vallejo Putty. Rider has had his lower legs glued in place.

52391478057_44b95a397b_c.jpg

Major items have had a primer coat added so now need a acrylic base coat then onto the oils

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That will be a real stunner when you've worked your magic on it. I wouldn't know where to start on something like this.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That will be a real stunner when you've worked your magic on it. I wouldn't know where to start on something like this.

There isnt a lot of parts to this one and it just a load of red paint on his hisshitagi (kimono) and Body Armor, Shoulder pads and skirt . Probably going for light blue with a flower pattern on his hakama (trousers) and a brown horse :smiling:, so bish bash bosh done :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
A very nice sculpting.
Eager to see the "bish bash bosh done" process :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2:.
I'm pretty sure I'll learn something new from your work.

Andrea

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Bit more work done with the oils. Tassels, shin guards painted, left sock has been started, all still fresh at the moment so look a bit glossy. Some of the horse tassels and straps have been painted along with the saddle.E3B9BC30-A7DC-4DDA-A659-8ED15205CB52.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work so far Steve. Love the colours on the horse especially.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
He is starting to take shape now, his arms with hisKote have been painted and attached followed by his Sode armour.
I have painted his Kobakama with a flower type design, most of which will be hidden away once I have painted his combined Kusazuri and haidates

Also finished his Tabi’s and Waraji’s

6F8C4E5F-DF83-48AB-B65B-841F3B102556.jpeg

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
All the old hands on here, stroking their beards and saying "ah yes, his kobakama, his kusazuri and his haidates, his tabi's and his waraji's".

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling to distinguish between pauldrons and plackarts :smiling5:.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
All the old hands on here, stroking their beards and saying "ah yes, his kobakama, his kusazuri and his haidates, his tabi's and his waraji's".

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling to distinguish between pauldrons and plackarts :smiling5:.
I haven't a clue what you too are talking about! :thinking:
Pete

Sorry;

Kobakama = Trousers
Kusazuri and haidates = Upper thigh and lower thigh pads

abi’s = socks
Waraji’s = straw sandals

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John