Revell 1/24 Ferrari Enzo

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
That is a very nice looking rear end :thumb2: The cigarette foil heat shield was a clever idea and looks very good.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

Just a quick update. I've been painting some of the interior parts (tub, seats, dash, steering wheel, etc) which are now drying. I'll put pics up when I've done the detail painting.

So I've also been working on the body, getting rid of EPM's and mold seams. I decided to test fit the rear glass which is when I realised it's too small, there's a gap either side!

MVIMG_20190509_193033.jpg

I've thought about various options, but have pretty much decided just to leave it as is. This is a dog of a kit, poor fitting throughout, badly thought out construction order and rubbish plastic.

I've decided to just use the kit for practice and treat myself to a much nicer Tamiya Ferrari kit, probably the FXX K. :smiling3:

This is the last revell kit in my stash and will be the last revell kit I ever build. Every one I've finished has had issues that you just don't get with other kits. I appreciate they are cheap, but pay peanuts get monkeys.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi guys,

Just a quick update. I've been painting some of the interior parts (tub, seats, dash, steering wheel, etc) which are now drying. I'll put pics up when I've done the detail painting.

So I've also been working on the body, getting rid of EPM's and mold seams. I decided to test fit the rear glass which is when I realised it's too small, there's a gap either side!

View attachment 340321

I've thought about various options, but have pretty much decided just to leave it as is. This is a dog of a kit, poor fitting throughout, badly thought out construction order and rubbish plastic.

I've decided to just use the kit for practice and treat myself to a much nicer Tamiya Ferrari kit, probably the FXX K. :smiling3:

This is the last revell kit in my stash and will be the last revell kit I ever build. Every one I've finished has had issues that you just don't get with other kits. I appreciate they are cheap, but pay peanuts get monkeys.
Hi, this is worrying, I have a Revell Bentley in my stash yet to do. Hope I'm lucky with mine, time will tell.

Reactions: JR

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
So I decided that I just couldn't leave the gap in the rear screen. After some thought I came up with a simple solution.

I cut the horizontal beam where it meets the bodywork with my razor saw, then glued the cut back together. The material removed by the width of the saw blade was enough to make the screen fit almost perfectly. I'm quite proud of that solution. :smiling3:

MVIMG_20190510_232747.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You took a saw to a Ferrari ! :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

Mind the result look good .What is an EPM please Extra plastic molding ?

D

Deleted member 7181

So I decided that I just couldn't leave the gap in the rear screen. After some thought I came up with a simple solution.

I saw this post much earlier but thought I'd wait until I was at my PC to get a better look at the picture.

Nope, still can't see the join! Cracking bit of modification Bob.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. I'm just popping out for 10 B&H, a great idea.