SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Build Update
Got most of the cockpit parts painted and ready to assemble. Decals on and just a coat of gloss before a dark wash.
A dry fit of some of the parts before fixing and photoetch seatbelts.
The kit comes with two seat options. Have built and painted both. Which one do you think would be best?

IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cockpit is looking very good Steve. As to the seats, both look good, but I think the left hand one looks better. Depends on which one suits your period I think though. Have a look at some references and see which one is right for your build.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Build Update
Got most of the cockpit parts painted and ready to assemble. Decals on and just a coat of gloss before a dark wash.
A dry fit of some of the parts before fixing and photoetch seatbelts.
The kit comes with two seat options. Have built and painted both. Which one do you think would be best?

View attachment 478435
View attachment 478436
View attachment 478437
View attachment 478438
View attachment 478439
Yep, another vote for the left hand one from me too,(although I prefer the colour of the right hand one ;) )
The dash and control box looks good too,nice stuff. :smiling3:

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Build update
Cockpit completed and all glued. went with the bucket style seat in the end. no reason just liked that one better. Added the photetch seatbelts. IMG_0408.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
As you can see one of the little greeblies has come off near the radio. its on the floor somewhere the empty dustbuster will be out later as that's my usual finder to the carpet monster :smiling5:.
IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
Really nice cockpit to build. Looking forward to the rest of it

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Build update
Cockpit completed and all glued. went with the bucket style seat in the end. no reason just liked that one better. Added the photetch seatbelts. View attachment 478578
View attachment 478579
As you can see one of the little greeblies has come off near the radio. its on the floor somewhere the empty dustbuster will be out later as that's my usual finder to the carpet monster :smiling5:.
View attachment 478580
View attachment 478581
Yep,all looking very nice to me too :smiling3:

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve it's a great kit to build here's a link to my build back in 2018 if it's any help to you. I think the only real issue I had was getting the cockpit tub to fit snugly against the fuselage walls I had to use some clamps so the canopy fits correctly. https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/revell-1-32-p51-5na-mustang.29740/
Hi Vaughan, I have to ask how did you fit the engine exhausts? I can see from your build updates that they were not fixed when you did the painting. Did you affix the back plate in the fuselage halves and then fix them to that at the end?
Thanks
Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Steve all looking good great cockpit detail pe belts makes a great difference. As for the exhaust stacks I think your right, I've looked at the photos and that's how I must have done it( it was 5 years ago). When I sprayed the nose yellow you can see the back plate more clearly. It saves masking them which I always find a fiddle. Keep the good work up.

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve all looking good great cockpit detail pe belts makes a great difference. As for the exhaust stacks I think your right, I've looked at the photos and that's how I must have done it( it was 5 years ago). When I sprayed the nose yellow you can see the back plate more clearly. It saves masking them which I always find a fiddle. Keep the good work up.
Thanks Vaughan

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Build update
Cockpit completed and all glued. went with the bucket style seat in the end. no reason just liked that one better. Added the photetch seatbelts. View attachment 478578
View attachment 478579
View attachment 478580
View attachment 478581
Looking very, very good indeed!

Great work so far!

Andrew