Revell 1:32 P-51D Mustang

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Build Update.
So Have done quite a lot since my last post. Most of the main building is done. Had a few issues with the fit of the wings to the body as you can see in the picture. A lot of sanding and dry fitting but got there in the end. All seems sanded and filled where needed and some re-scribing which I hate. Everything has been primed and ready for painting.
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0428.JPGIMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
What do you think I should go with Bombs or Drop Tanks????

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Steve all looking good I had a slight issue with the wing roots but only on the leading edge. I'd go with the bombs

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Build Update.
All painted. A few little areas to touch up where paint bled under making tape. Painted the invasion stripes. wished I'd gone with the decals for the black stipes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Undercarriage temp secured in place for painting.
I've used Alclad Aluminium for the NMF and Tamiya acrylics for the other main colors.
Hope you like
Steve
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
All looking good Steve. I notice that you haven't added the black stripes to the underside of the horizontal stabilisers presume you're yet to add them?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a fine looking M'stang Steve....as others have pointed out the stripes look good to me as well. PCO Sir!

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
All looking good Steve. I notice that you haven't added the black stripes to the underside of the horizontal stabilisers presume you're yet to add them?
Hi Vaughan, yes I've left them off for the time being as I've not decided what way to position them

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm a bit late to the party with this one. Nevertheless, all looking very nice Steve. The Revell 1:32 is a kit I'm interested in so would like to know your opinion of the kit. Of course, I've read of the wing problem you experienced, but how is the kit generally? The cockpit you've done looks spot on.

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm a bit late to the party with this one. Nevertheless, all looking very nice Steve. The Revell 1:32 is a kit I'm interested in so would like to know your opinion of the kit. Of course, I've read of the wing problem you experienced, but how is the kit generally? The cockpit you've done looks spot on.
Hi Colin, on the whole its not a bad kit for the money there are a few fit issues with the wings and canopy. (have decided to have mine open) but other than those no flash very little in the way of visible seams or ejection pin marks. Id give it a 7 out of 10

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well its been a while since last post but the build is now finished. Was a tidy build to do and other than the few fit issues I have to say its a cracking little kit. Thank you for all the comments. I hope you enjoy the final pictures. SteveIMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Steve,

Auto I missed most of the build on this. That's turned out very nicely indeed. Very well done.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Steve, that is one good looking Mustang! :thumb2: :thumb2: