Revell 1/72 VIIC/41 'Atlantic Version' German U. Boat

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Far too much frivolity. Mr. Hilter would not approve.

On to the Conning Tower.

First I gave the three deck elements the same treatment as the main deck.
1st stage.
P1210211.JPG

A bit of fettling was required and more water vents to sort out.....
P1210218.JPG

Sorted.
P1210223.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sir .
I have written to the Navy.
They have replied quoting article 19 sub section 6a
"
The treatment of all ships Parrots is of paramount importance, these crew members have full access to all areas. "
Good day.
Thank you 105.
There is a single torpedo chucker at the stern of this boat. Should the bird become a nuisance, you have my permission to use said chucker for another purpose other than the one it was designed for........

Should 453 object, sling him in the tube alongside the parrot!

:surprised:
Sir .
I have written to the Navy.
They have replied quoting article 19 sub section 6a
"
The treatment of all ships Parrots is of paramount importance, these crew members have full access to all areas. "
I rest my case.
Good day.
453 Race.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ron .
Right I've had my pill , :smiling:
I'ts looking good, love the paint work on the hull, and good refitting of the upper deck and conning tower.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dodgy ain't the word for it... bat sh*t crazy is more like it! But all good as long as they return to the ward straight away without any guff. Still following and your brush effects on the hull are remarkable. What color is that below the waterline?
Cheers Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
I'm glad you like the progress thus far.

Rick - It's not a specific colour as such. It is in the cheap acrylic box I have and just has grey on the label. I'm using these cheap paints to start with because of the large amount of plastic to be covered. Although not noticeable in the pictures, there is a nice initial streaking /stained effect. I will save the correct colour for the final coat before some intense scruffing up is done.
Before anyone pulls me up, the actual waterline is just below the three openings in the bow. There is a strip of the grey showing above water.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It has been reported to me that "Man Overboard!" was shouted at 04.04hrs this morning. This was fished out of the sea......alive and, unfortunately still alive!

It was heard to shout "S***, that was cold!"

P1210311.JPG

If your bird continues to annoy crew members, next time it won't be so lucky - Understood?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
JR seems to be going through a bird phase at the moment Ron. Firstly it was pigeons now he has moved on to parrots. With his past fire work it will probably be char grilled chicken next:smiling5:

The build is coming on really well. The colour work is pure joy.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi hi Ron great progress all round, it certainly don't hang about building these. Keep up the good work. As 453 has been reported overboard can I have his bunk bed he's built in the engine room.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
business-commerce-pirate-piracy-buccaneers-privateer-office_cubicle-bwhn2058_low.jpg

Herr Kapitan .
Due to Polly having been offered a better position him he has asked for permission to leave therefore
It's
green-parrot-clipart_csp21466214.jpg
He says " ,,,#**&*##%@$$$ off . bye .bye.

453 STOKER RACE :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:
Cartoon pictures for discussion purposes only .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453, sorry to read she's going. Perhaps Polly reading what Chef P. Low had lined up for her made her jump ship. Ah well. I was beginning to like the thing.
Take care lady.........

Right, better get back to more mundane things. Back to your stations men.

Here's the conning tower with the decks painted and fitted. I've also fixed a hatch and the binnacle.

Second coat. Watered down Dk. yellow.
P1210213.JPG

Final coat of the same. I will introduce local staining at a later stage. A bit of Dk. Grey to the bridge area too
P1210224.JPG

Cheers.
Ron