Revell B-17F Memphis Belle 1:48

J

James Q

Looking good, I might be wrong but didnt B-17s have a flatter finish? Please dont take that as a critasisum

T

treyzx10r

Looks great Mike! I really like the weathering, just right without being over done

D

dubster72

Thanks for posting the extra pics Mike, I enjoyed going through them. I'm not an aircraft builder by inclination, and I guess the Matchbox 1/76 kits I made as a kid don't qualify me either!

That said, I think you've done a fantastic job on this & it's something I'd be happy to have on my shelves. Perhaps it's a wee bit shiny, but that's all part of getting experience, even more so with an older kit where the quality doesn't match modern stuff.

Imagine what you could do with something from Tamiya or Hasegawa !

Lovely stuff Mike, I look forward to your next build.

Patrick

D

Deisenaut

Thanks guys - and thanks for the honesty! Yeah - I got some satin varnish (humbrol) the other day and i'm thinking it's shinier than i'd like but might be able to get a matt tomorrow. There were a lot of disasters along the way. machine guns breaking off, decals coming off, the ball turret i made a real mess of, and the grainy paint after weathering. I'm hoping to "Matt it down" tomorrow. Then a few nixers (not sure what you call them in England but jobs on the side) to get some money together for John, before ordering Aires cockpit, wheel-wells, decals and electronics for my A-10 Thunderbolt II (74th FS) - cant wait!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a good job for your first effort. It was bound to be a learning curve and you obviously got well along it :smiling3: I've built a couple of these and they are by no means the easiest kits to put together.

I agree that it could do with matting down a bit,but well done.

Good luck with the A-10,that'll be quite a beast.

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

That's really brought the detail out & tied the colours in together Mike. Very good job!

Patrick

D

Deisenaut

\ said:
fantastic work... can't wait to see it finished
What more do you think needs doing? Fairly happy with it now so not sure what next

thanks guys! - now to build a shelf!

Last edited:
V

Vajled

\ said:
What more do you think needs doing? Fairly happy with it now so not sure what next
What I can see on these picture (hope to see all good because pics are pritty small)... but what I can see you have done it all good and fine.

Just little mat all over and thats it. :smiling3:

D

Deisenaut

cool - another coat going on tomorrow and gonna try and borrow a decent camera - do I post here or is there a "finished" gallery.

Thanks Vajled

V

Vajled

\ said:
cool - another coat going on tomorrow and gonna try and borrow a decent camera - do I post here or is there a "finished" gallery. Thanks Vajled
anytime, you are welcomed :smiling3:

I'm always posting my finished models into this board

Planes

i havent seend board: finished models or something litke that, I think this one is just fine :smiling3:

If you like check also my forum, link is under my signature

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A cracking build Mike it looks great. But i think your going to need a pritty big shelf :emo: Well done and i'm looking forward to the A10