Review: Life Color 'Rust and Dust' Set (for Jakko)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry Andrew, , Tim have you watched the YouTube vids I've had no problems working over acrylic or lacquer paints ,saying that I've hardly ever used the remover ,and don't follow the vids to the letter but used them as a guide line then do my own thing with them. Dave
Sorry Tim and thanks Andrew techno dinosaur I'm afraid even posting pics here is a day out. Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry Tim and thanks Andrew techno dinosaur I'm afraid even posting pics here is a day out. Dave
Just realised I've not posted the links. Apologies. Wil try and get to it this week.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim

So much better late than never, below are a couple of video links - one from Life Color and another from someone into their railways...

I've also come across a couple of written reviews too, so included them as well.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andrew just found this, certainly a good review by your self.
I've the Russian army uniforms set, and do as Tim does use from the lid. A touch of paint into the wet Pallett and away I go. Recently I've noticed they appear to be a different colour from the art work, much lighter, even using the vortex mixer !
The other set I have is the face paints, perfect for me, like the choices offered, now prefer them to the Vallejo.

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew just found this, certainly a good review by your self.
I've then Russian army uniforms set, and do as Tim does use from the lid. A touch of paint into the wet Pallett and away I go. Recently I've noticed they appear to be a different colour from the art work, much lighter, even using the vortex mixer !
The other set I have is the face paints, perfect for me, like the choices offered, now prefer them to the Vallejo.
John

Thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated as always. If I ever dabble in the dark arts of all things Russian, I shall bear your observation about the colour in mind.

Also in interesting to hear what you say about the face set. Will have a look.

Thanks again and all the best.

Andrew

Reactions: JR