Richards completed Malayan Emergency Diorama

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,
My apologies for putting this up so late. It's been a very busy few weekends since the Malcom show. The standards have risen the last four years and managed only a silver in the masters category. It was close some say as my dio was bundled with the other two dios that were up for best of show for final judging. Seriously I thought the other two were far better than mine and deserved their gold. My Kure Harbour though was a mistake on my part for not putting it in the right category. Everyone said it should have been in dioramas. There were too many ships to choose to judge and non were high enough to get a medal even the judges were contemplating to move it down to Standard to at least get a gong for my effort. I'm glad they didn't so I can enter it in the right category next year said one of the judges.
Anyway you've been waiting for the photos so here they are...

E372.jpgE373.jpgE374.jpgE375.jpgE376.jpgE377.jpgE378.jpgE379.jpgE380.jpgE381.jpgE382.jpgE383.jpgE384.jpgE385.jpgE386.jpgE387.jpgE388.jpgE389.jpgE390.jpg
More next page...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent build Richard! Great idea brought very nicely to what we see here.

I had to smile though and I mean it in the nicest way....."Managed only a silver in the Master's Catagory" Any form of recognition would have done me just fine. ;) ;)

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent in every respect, Richard. From conception through build to painting. Did the judges appreciate the humour?
John.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Was in a 'am bush sir. No it was a blasted monkey tree.

What a great idea. Brilliantly executed. I can understand the reason it took a while.
Having seen the photos from the show I recon that ANY form of recognition is well earned. To get a medal!? Cool beans. even if it was "only silver". lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well here you get the recognition you deserve Wabble .
It's not often the committee give a double dogs but in your case well deserved.

The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.pngThe Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Brilliant in every sense .
Congratulations from The Committee .

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well here you get the recognition you deserve Wabble .
It's not often the committee give a double dogs but in your case well deserved.

View attachment 484878View attachment 484879
Brilliant in every sense .
Congratulations from The Committee .
John you read my mind!
I was actually going to post the suggestion but you got there first!
Richard , this is just superb in every respect!
I love the birds which I had never noticed before(maybe they weren't there before?)
I love love love it to bits!

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
A perfectly executed dio Richard, and well done on the 'double dogs'..a very well deserved award, and probably the first time it's ever been awarded...(I could be wrong though), everytime I look at the pictures I spot even more hidden detail that I've missed before... this is certainly a masterclass in dio building, and it's been very interesting and informative read whilst you've built this.. :thumb2: :thumb2:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A truly spectacular diorama Richard, The modeling skill, composition and story telling are all exceptional.
Very well done sir!
All the best
Paul

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Excellent stuff there Richard...
EVERY aspect is so well made and realistically painted :cool:,
A cracking scene, not to mention unusual and humorous, lovely stuff mate :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A perfectly executed dio Richard, and well done on the 'double dogs'..a very well deserved award, and probably the first time it's ever been awarded...(I could be wrong though), everytime I look at the pictures I spot even more hidden detail that I've missed before... this is certainly a masterclass in dio building, and it's been very interesting and informative read whilst you've built this.. :thumb2: :thumb2:
No I don't think it's ever been awarded before Chris a rare occasion.