Richard's TOON Corsair Tiger Models

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Looks like you have the motor and power sorted. Quite a struggle but it will look great with the prop spinning.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Richard.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks guys...with this sought of encouragement the rest of the build will go smoothly. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Ross
Richard

This looks like it will be fun an interesting little hand fan for those hot days :tongue-out3:.

cheers
Ross

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hey Rossco,

Yeh...just a matter of switching the battery around for forward or aft air. :tears-of-joy: The rains have started so a short reprieve from the heat.

Latest installment is the juicing up of the cockpit. Not as detailed as Fernando's but just enough to be seen through the canopy which I am trying to have slide opened.

T6.jpg

It's now only dry fitted for easy painting when i pop it out.. I am going to try and fit the decal over the molded dash to see if it can blend into the dials. There is a flat dash but I like living dangerously. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,

More updates...

T7.jpg

Firstly the manufactures gave you decals for the wing root air scoops...I replaced them with plastic strip...

T8.jpg

I got the engines repainted properly picking out details and giving it that gimy look...even Toons can look messy...

T9.jpg

Covered two cut outs with plastic sheet on the cockpit dash and sanded the curvature...

T10.jpg

The canopy came with very thick securing lugs which I carved out with my rotor tool. You can see that it overlaps part of the front windshield. I will have to polish it down and hope that solves the problem...

T11.jpg

Since I removed the lugs I decided to also reove the locating slots and cover up the holes with plastic strip...

T12.jpg

The decals fit snuggly and the softener let the dials resest into the molded dash. I sprayed it with matt varnish before picking out the dials with a drop of Future

Lucky me the seatbelts come molded onto the seat so I'll be painting that next.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looney Toons continues...

T13.jpg

A blast from the airbrush for the silver and a few swishes from the hairy sticks finished the seat and belts.

T14.jpg

I next masked and painted the propeller...here it is being unmasked.

T15.jpg

Tucking everything into place and retesting...all's fine. Sprayed the exposed bodywork with zinc chromate. I have just glued the two halves and it's being clamped down.

While waiting for the glue to set I started on my SeaHawk with spraying most of the interior in silver and the cockpit bay in blue grey.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
You are certainly not cutting corners just because it's a 'toon. Engine and cockpit look great. The instrument panel decal looks the part. Motor etc seems to fit nicely.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking very good Richard, the ip and the seat are some nice eyecatchers in that office.:smiling:
Smart move cutting up the canopy for a better look inside. :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Richard you are certainly going the extra mile on this.
Keep up the excellent work.
Pete.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Paul, Pete, Fernando, Ralf and Jim for the kind comments.

This build has rekindled my mojo since come back from Sydney and recovering from a modelling friend sudden passing. I have started another build while this is being put together. Will let you know later what it is.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Rossco...coming to the final painting bit.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Wouter, the motor works...thank God. Everything else will fall together now onwards.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys, sorry to keep you waiting. Have been neglecting this to finish my Sea Hawk. Since its been completed I am rushing this now. In the last two days this is what's been done...

Starting with filling the gap at the wingroot...

T16.jpg

The reason for doing this is because the wing will not be glued and am relying on the snap fit for easy battery replacement. To give as little a gap as possible I used chocolate thin foil wrapper as a mask so that the putty will not stick to the wing. I used two part putty as that can easily be smoothed over with water and it doesn't shrink and dries rock hard.

T17.jpg

The wheel wells got a coat of white glue mask. I kept it level to avoid spillage. On the bottom of the picture you will see the antenna with the copper end which will act as the switch.

T18.jpg

All masked and primed...

T19.jpg

The customary pre-shading is applied...wheel hubs dark washed and cleaned.

T20.jpg

This is where it's at for now hot from the oven just an hour ago waiting for the gloss coat to go on tomorrow morning. I'll be a day or two late. Once done I'll take a shot with the propeller spinning.

When you put your mind to it some things can be done quickly.

Cheers,
Richard