Rick's "Cobbled" Kfz. 70 M.B. L1500

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That is very nice, so detailed (found out the other day - my hands aren't steady enough to do fine work like this!)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mine are not near what they used to be but I soldier on. Thanks for looking in Gerry.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, Trying to figure out how to make the rifle racks........the butt cups are easy but the barrel brackets are what have me baffled. I may just cobble something out of small dia. wire and call it good. I have decided that this will be an open car, as I could not get the windscreen located where it needs to be for the top up version. Thanks for your interest. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, thanks for that.......a real PITA but in an open vehicle it is a "Must Do" item. Got a couple more items to take care of before I get the dash in and windscreen on. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yesterday was a little more productive......I am still mulling over how to do the rifle racks. The windshield is just on for show, as it will be too fragile to withstand the handling required to finish up the remaining details. I replaced the tailpipe with a smaller diameter one and it looks much better. The dash is pure fantasy......just to fill the void....same goes for the soft top. Rick H.P1011825.JPGP1011826.JPGP1011827.JPGP1011828.JPGP1011829.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Scottie.....I'm enjoying the build and half the fun is figuring out the materials and methods required to create something new for my collection.....I really appreciate your comments and support. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I agree with PaulE I like the foot pedals and levers

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, yeah.....it would look a little naked without them. When doing an open vehicle you're kind of locked in with all the interior stuff if you want it to look good. Glad you came by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gerry, It isn't a very faithful recreation but it will do. Glad you like it. Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Top notch work as always Rick. Hats off to you for pulling this of at such a small scale.

ATB

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Lee, yeah.....it would look a little naked without them. When doing an open vehicle you're kind of locked in with all the interior stuff if you want it to look good. Glad you came by. Rick H.
Yes your pretty obligated in that situation. Hey no problem I’m still seated with notebook in hand

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, Glad you are sticking around.........this is a pretty exciting build...............ZZZZZzzzzzzzz....... ;)
Rick H.