Rick's "Cobbled" Kfz. 70 M.B. L1500

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
And I complain about the small bits at 1/35! You've got to have some very fine tweezers and drill bits (not to mention very steady hands) hat off to you!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for that Gerry, I do enjoy the small scale and have grown accustomed to working with these tiny bits over the years. The biggest advantage is being able to display them without having to rent a warehouse for all the space needed for the larger scale models that most folks build. ;)
Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tim, it's all down to detailing and a little scratchery....I'll need to get a primer coat on at some point to check my body work for any flaws that might exist. After that it's off to the paint booth.
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking good Rick with the small details those fender markers we truckers used to call them “Sissy Sticks” of course I never had any on trucks lol

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, thank you...I like the challenge of trying to make these little vehicles look as good as I possibly can. It does me heart good to know you are liking it too. :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, yeah the Germans put them on everything with wheels and some semitracks as well. Probably would have put them on tanks if they thought the driver could see them!!:tongue-out3:;)
Thanks for stopping in. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I just don't know where Allen has gone off to....If he comes back I shall notify him of your request for refreshments.

Sorry I'm so late getting in Rick. That damn quarantine held me up. Then there were the 20 questions about why I had 10 racks of fine German beverages with me. At first they didn't believe me it was for your build, but then they saw your post themselves. I'm in now and I have to say this is looking really fine Sir!!!

The only niggle I see so far is that you forgot the shift pattern on the knob of the gear shift.....

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen....I knew if I left it off you would notice. Don't sit on the beverages get 'em passed out, the "Boys" are mighty thirsty! :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi, Sorry for not updating sooner but I'm still struggling with those ***&%@#!! mid seat rifle racks. Every thing else is pretty much ready to go.... don't have the hood ornament on yet as I don't want to knock it off faffing around with the rest of this stuff....a lot of these parts are just in place and not glued down as some of it will have to be painted separately and then assembled......anyway, here is the latest.P1011835.JPGP1011836.JPGP1011837.JPGP1011838.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
As Tim says the colours don't do this any favours at the moment. Bring on the paint - it's gonna look great.
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi, Sorry for not updating sooner but I'm still struggling with those ***&%@#!! mid seat rifle racks. Every thing else is pretty much ready to go.... don't have the hood ornament on yet as I don't want to knock it off faffing around with the rest of this stuff....a lot of these parts are just in place and not glued down as some of it will have to be painted separately and then assembled......anyway, here is the latest.View attachment 422417View attachment 422418View attachment 422419View attachment 422420
Rick. Got to love this scale for the small nightmares but the reward will pay off. I just got tired of struggling in this scale not worth it to me anymore. Your updates look good. Chin up and press on soldier.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You All for the Excellent Comments and the support you have given to this little project....I suspect the next posting will be after I have done a primer coat. As to the bloody rifle racks, I may just leave them off. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Your updates look good. Chin up and press on soldier.

Come on Rick, Lee said it all. Remember, the captain always goes down with the ship! OK, maybe not every time.............

I wish I could help you with the rifle racks. Even the thinnest wire would be really hard to make them with. Plastic, probably even harder at the size you need them to be....Go with what you feel, racks or not, just have fun Bro!!!

Prost
Allen