Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
ya missed a bit......

Only joking. Thats some finish on the paint Andy.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Cont 2...

Thanks guys, Well sitting and waiting isn't my forte and I tried it but couldn't hack it lol. So I decided to apply the white line. Now I'm not going to cheat and say I painted it because that's not my way. While at the boat show last weekend I purchased some Model Techniques Trim Line (white) This comes in many widths on the roll and you cut the strip you need 2.5m length. It works well.

View attachment 72981

View attachment 72982

View attachment 72983

View attachment 72984

View attachment 72985

View attachment 72986

Cheers

Andy

Day 37 6 (1).JPG

Day 37 6 (2).JPG

Day 37 6 (3).JPG

Day 37 6 (4).JPG

Day 37 6 (5).JPG

Day 37 6 (6).JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very crisp paint work Andy, and a very striking scheme it is too.

C

CDW

That looks excellent mate, we've got no bloody chance if you join the boat build SIG next year :smiling3: :smiling3:

\ said:
the black you see at the loops is heat shrink.
That is a nifty idea which I'm stealing for the next build, it'll save making leather straps as I can just paint the shrink .... Lovely jubly ta

S

Sky Raider

Haha Colin. Ill save my Severn Class until then then mate hehe. The heat shrink works well I just threaded the rope through and run the tip of the soldering iron up and down to shrink it. Glad it helps.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

colin `go to ur room`and andy that was a cool idea,and the numbers are defo good,top notch really(was gonna write knotch for the rope thing but thought better of it)lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

You two are really funny lol, I keeled over laughing haha.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 40 - 41

I have made some progress over the last couple of days. I have managed to fit the fore and aft tread plates and painted the decks. You will also see the jet outlets at the rear. The next thing I decided to do was build the deck hatch at the front. This is meant to be ornate but I have decided that I want to put the power switch and the switch for the radar and lighting in here. To do this I had to make a piece for the base and then cut out a square so that the switches don't have to pass through a double thickness. There are 15 parts that make up this hatch including my extra one. This has had a coat or two of primer ready for the top coat of Orange.

View attachment 73296

View attachment 73297

View attachment 73298

View attachment 73299

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 73300

View attachment 73301

View attachment 73302

View attachment 73303

Day 40 - 41 (1).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (2).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (3).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (4).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (5).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (6).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (7).JPG

Day 40 - 41 (8).JPG

M

mobear

you`re doing all this and i`m still lost as to how to make my new boat into rc one,lol.this boat is looking really good though

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Day 42

Cheers Mobear. Today I decided I would construct the tow post. The kit states a tube of 15mm x 120mm but didn't say of what. I looked through the kit and found a wooden dowling at 22mm x 120mm, well that was no good, how could you make a mistake like this. I thought about using some 15mm copper pipe but then there was the need to cap the top off - so I looked around the workshop and found a length of 22mm Aluminium blank that I have. I cut it to length and turned it down in the lathe.

I drilled all the necessary holes for the rails etc. by using my dermal pedestal, I have had this a couple of years or more and this is the first time I have used it. Then I fitted the post into the base that I made from the kit as instructed using the 7 parts indicated.

View attachment 73461

View attachment 73462

View attachment 73463

View attachment 73464

View attachment 73465

Day 42  (1).JPG

Day 42  (2).JPG

Day 42  (3).JPG

Day 42  (5).JPG

Day 42  (7).JPG

M

mobear

this is getting ur `pimp my boat`style and it gives it a bit of Andy workmanship

mobear