Rommel gives Patton a bloody nose

J

John Rixon

Top notch job Alan, paintwork is exemplary, and that base is spot on. Is it a plaster moulding?

P

Plastickitbasher

Firstly great build very nicely done, how did you manage to do the side damage so well?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Guys and gal I appreciate it :smiling3:

\ said:
Top notch job Alan, paintwork is exemplary, and that base is spot on. Is it a plaster moulding?
Hi john no it's not a moulding it's just a piece of shaped MDF with polyfiler on top and stones from the garden and some crushed up mortar from between the paving slabs that I've got to redo :smiling3:

\ said:
Firstly great build very nicely done, how did you manage to do the side damage so well?
David I used a fine grinding tool on my drill to make the plastic thinner so I could push and bend the plastic instead of heating it :smiling3:

P

Plastickitbasher

\ said:
David I used a fine grinding tool on my drill to make the plastic thinner so I could push and bend the plastic instead of heating it :smiling3:
Ta ever so for the info

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Very nicely done!! :D

J

John Rixon

\ said:
This is genius! Now I know how I'm going forward with my M3 lee…!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

\ said:
This is genius! Now I know how I'm going forward with my M3 lee…!
I'm glad I can help :smiling3: ,

I look forward to seeing it :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

Sounds an odd compliment, I know, but thats the most realistic hole I've seen!

L

Laurie

Very nice indeed Alan. The shading on the panel work is superb. Tried this and found it very difficult.

Laurie

First Name
barry
Great work like shading, base simple but very efective damage well done . Great little model.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nice!
How do you do the damage and shell holes?
Hi Jason thanks , I offset the wheels a little so they looked crooked , I left off other pieces and bent some stuff with a pair of pliers

The shell hit was done by a grinding tool on my drill at slow speed , you just thin an area moving gently back and fourth and checking every so often until you can see daylight through it then you just poke a hole with a needle file to get the desired effect :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nice indeed Alan. The shading on the panel work is superb. Tried this and found it very difficult.
Laurie
It does take a bit of time to get used to the method laurie , all I did with this one was use a little brush with a bit of oil lamp black on it and just put it around the rivets then just rubbed it off with a clean dry brush until it faded , then I left it to dry and gave the rivets and edges a dry brush of tan acrylic to make the detail stand out

I hope this helps , it took me about six months of practice to workout

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Hi Jason thanks , I offset the wheels a little so they looked crooked , I left off other pieces and bent some stuff with a pair of pliers
The shell hit was done by a grinding tool on my drill at slow speed , you just thin an area moving gently back and fourth and checking every so often until you can see daylight through it then you just poke a hole with a needle file to get the desired effect :smiling3:
Cheers, Iv wanted to do something like that but was unsure of the result. After all a crappy paintjob can be re-done but a hole in the hull would need a lot more work. I do have a few un-important models i could test something like this.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Cheers, Iv wanted to do something like that but was unsure of the result. After all a crappy paintjob can be re-done but a hole in the hull would need a lot more work. I do have a few un-important models i could test something like this.
Yeah it's best to practice on a old kit this was just going to be a practice as I bought it by acceded and didn't want it ( long story ) but I got it right so I built it lol

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Yeah it's best to practice on a old kit this was just going to be a practice as I bought it by acceded and didn't want it ( long story ) but I got it right so I built it lol
Good job iv got some very cheap Italeri models (humvee, trailer and fuel tank trailer) i can practice on then :smiling3: