Scotties Humber Mk1

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Really nit-picking here, but is the "CEREBRAL" decal on the left hand side slanted upwards towards the end, or is it just an illusion in the photo? Brilliant model though, and an interesting subject.
Pete

D

Deleted member 4539

How the hell could I be critical of you amazing work Paul :smiling3:.
I can never be critical of any persons work whether it be a beginner(such as yourself) or someone that really knows what they are doing.:tears-of-joy:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful work Scottie- nice understated weathering job too. Only thing I’d look at is the barrel on the Bren, is it slightly bent, or just the photos making it look so?
Thanks Al, glad you like it I think it must be the pictures as the barrel looks ok.
Very nice Scottie

Should there have been a mirror on the right stalk or is it intentionally left off?
Thanks Simon there was another mirror but I decided tp leave it off just so it was different.
Scottie, alway nice to see you improve at every new kit. :thumb2: Already passed the very good mark some kits back and you're still adding in the surprises. Your weathering restraint is just on the dot. Only critic is the same as the two gentlemen have mentioned above. Now I'd like to see how you merry the Humber to the dio base seeing how crisp it looks.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard very nice of you to say thank you. Glad you like the weathering I didn't want it to be to heavy just a bit of road dirt. Thinking about a base now.
Its a little beauty Scottie
Mick,
Thank you mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nit-picking here, but is the "CEREBRAL" decal on the left hand side slanted upwards towards the end, or is it just an illusion in the photo? Brilliant model though, and an interesting subject.
Pete
Hi Peter, yes your right I should have spotted that I will have to live with it now as it is all sealed under a matt coat.
How the hell could I be critical of you amazing work Paul :smiling3:.
I can never be critical of any persons work whether it be a beginner(such as yourself) or someone that really knows what they are doing.:tears-of-joy:
Ralph, Thanks fella just wait until I get a few models under my belt:smiling3:

Really nice work as always Paul. :smiling3:
Thanks Bob appreciate the comment

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks to all for those that followed along and took the time to comment. Your continuing support it makes this hobby worth while. The build is not quite over as I have now started on the base. If you would like to follow its called the "Humber Bridge"

cheers
Scottie

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Sorry for missing your fine build till now Paul…

Great interior work and neat additions on the outside too, love how the colours and weathering come together in a very neat way:smiling4:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry for missing your fine build till now Paul…

Great interior work and neat additions on the outside too, love how the colours and weathering come together in a very neat way:smiling4:
Fernando, no worries mate glad it meets with your approval.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
All coming together now and a pleasure to the eye.
Are you sure that is Michael - looks more Boris....
Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,
All coming together now and a pleasure to the eye.
Are you sure that is Michael - looks more Boris....
Mike.
Thanks mate I think your right if you mean Boris karloff.

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great figure work Scottie. It certainly enhances the build

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
superbly done...and the figure is so natural... ;) wonderful

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Alright my man,

Thanks Paul, you have made my evening and weekend! Doesn't matter if he looks like Boris or Elvis, we know it's Michael sitting on top. You have done a fine job painting him too. This whole thing is gonna be epic and I hope the bridge pain has subsided my friend………...

Prost
Allen

PS, Have fun on Sunday and hope you bring home the gold!!!