Scotties Puma AAGB

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This will be my entry for the group build. I will hopefully get started this week.
DSCF2010.JPG

It is the old Italeri offering I picked up cheap in an evil bay auction. The instructions are showing their age with a nice brown hue to the paper. To go with this I have the griffon etch set. This is for the dragon offering so I will have to check and look as to what it replaces on the kit. Also is a resin set of wheels from AM works also got cheap online.

Scottie

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Kicked cat off seat and sausage sarnie in mits

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Bro,

More Rabble in the house and right up front for the bling fest. Looks like about 6 - 7 frets there and I'm sure you can use a lot of it. Ray Bans on...……………………..

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looks like I get a good seat too....bring On the shiny stuff:cool:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Always enjoy your work so I'm in.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul will sit quietly and watch and learn from the master.
Pete.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Bro,

More Rabble in the house and right up front for the bling fest. Looks like about 6 - 7 frets there and I'm sure you can use a lot of it. Ray Bans on...……………………..
Hi Allen,yeah there is a lot of it. the rabble are sat over on the left.
Looks like I get a good seat too....bring On the shiny stuff:cool:
Si welcome aboard.
Hi Scottie
Always enjoy your work so I'm in.
Jim
Jim, Kind of you to say and for those kind words you can sit on the right away from the rabble.
Hi Paul will sit quietly and watch and learn from the master.
Pete.
Hi Pete not sure what you will learn from me.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
On the left it is then !
Evening Paul , Steve said you were charging for the seats ,and said he'd give you the money if I paid him ?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
On the left it is then !
Evening Paul , Steve said you were charging for the seats ,and said he'd give you the money if I paid him ?

Were sharing mate so its only half price. Now budge over! LOL

The master finally unveils his box of tricks. Its certainly old mate. I hope the decals don't disintegrate. I'm a big fan of Griffin etch so you will have no problems there. Figures and dio on their way as well?? Thanks for supporting the GB and I look forward to you doin your ting

• Love
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
On the left it is then !
John, there is a seat on the left reserved for you please surrender all sources of ignition on entry.
Neat project Paul, lots of pe to dress it up:smiling::thumb2:
Hi Fernando good to see you your right there is a lot.
Were sharing mate so its only half price. Now budge over! LOL

The master finally unveils his box of tricks. Its certainly old mate. I hope the decals don't disintegrate. I'm a big fan of Griffin etch so you will have no problems there. Figures and dio on their way as well?? Thanks for supporting the GB and I look forward to you doin your ting
If your sharing no fidgeting and keep your hands where they can be seen. I may have to source some aftermarket decals. Not sure about figures and decals yet I may combine the swimmer and this together not decided yet.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Got my SPF30 Suntan lotion and Ray Bans as well...please excuse the floral shorts and don't look at my belly. Setting up the beach umbrella with the rebel on the left. On the right I see Adidassler keeping a close watch on the Puma. Man...everybody's here for the show Scottie...Bling it On!!!

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got my SPF30 Suntan lotion and Ray Bans as well...please excuse the floral shorts and don't look at my belly. Setting up the beach umbrella with the rebel on the left. On the right I see Adidassler keeping a close watch on the Puma. Man...everybody's here for the show Scottie...Bling it On!!!

Cheers,
Richard

Welcome aboard mate spf30 should be enough. Starting soon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry I'm late, Couldn't find my bl**dy Ray Bans! sure is dark in here! JR. strike a match so's I can find ya.:tongue-out3:
Cheers, Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Started cutting plastic today and this kit will be hard work. The plastic is very brittle, soft on detail and full of sink holes and bad moulds. Still on a plus this is what I enjoy taking a cheapish kit and trying to make it better. Not up to the scratchery of the Mr T's of the world but I will try my best.

Made a start on the lower hull and suspension arms. They needed a lot of cleaning up and filling. This has been set aside to dry.

DSCF2019.JPG

Started to remove the moulded detail on the engine deck in preparation for the etch grills. Having thought about it I decided it would be easier to remove the whole deck and scratch a new one, I hope my skills are up to it or this build will end before it started.

DSCF2020.JPG

cheers
Scottie