Scotties taking a Liberty

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
First by the table Paul.
Looking fwd to seeing how you do the the tarp amongst everything else.
Can't imagine you will use the kit one !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
First by the table Paul.
Looking fwd to seeing how you do the the tarp amongst everything else.
Can't imagine you will use the kit one !
Cheers John, Good to have you aboard. We will see mate ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Straight in there with another build Paul! Great stuff. Will keep JR company and see how it all goes with that chassis. Good luck.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Enjoyed the last dio so definitely in for this.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Dave......I mean Paul,

You sure don't slow down for a minute now, do you!!! Like DW, you are a mean, green, building machine!!!

I'm down in front too and will be explaining the finer things about trucks to Stevie and John so they don't bother you while you are building it...

Jim knows about these sort of things, but the kids today don't have a clue………......

Prost
Allen

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
For a moment there, I thought you were referring to my employers Scottie! No doubt you’ll wring another work of art out of this thing as well- will keep an eye on this...

D

Deleted member 6559

This looks interesting Scottie. I've often wondered what these ICM kits are like to build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Dave......I mean Paul,

You sure don't slow down for a minute now, do you!!! Like DW, you are a mean, green, building machine!!!

I'm down in front too and will be explaining the finer things about trucks to Stevie and John so they don't bother you while you are building it...

Jim knows about these sort of things, but the kids today don't have a clue………......

Prost
Allen
Hi young dude, I'm glad you can explain them to me as well. while your here you can keep old dude under control.
For a moment there, I thought you were referring to my employers Scottie! No doubt you’ll wring another work of art out of this thing as well- will keep an eye on this...
Bones, So you have the same type of employers as me. I don't know about work of art but will hopefully have some fun.
This looks interesting Scottie. I've often wondered what these ICM kits are like to build.
It looks nice and cleanly moulded with good detail on first inspection, they do like a lot of small parts. I have built an ICM kit before and don't recall any issues.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Love the model Paul, WW1 trucks are a favorite subject for me, hope one day to do one myself.
Will definitely be on board to watch your masterful work on this one.

Jim

First Name
Andy
Been more into modern(ish) trucks myself but this looks like it will be a good one so I will park here and observe if you don't mind.

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Late to the party, as usual. will there be tea and biscuits or have I missed out on that as well?:smiling4:

Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been more into modern(ish) trucks myself but this looks like it will be a good one so I will park here and observe if you don't mind.

Andy.
Andy your more than welcome.
That is just a little beauty Paul.

Laurie
Laurie I agree hope I can do it justice.
Late to the party, as usual. will there be tea and biscuits or have I missed out on that as well?:smiling4:

Rick H.
Hi Rick welcome I think there are still a few left mate.
I'm in.....
Greg good to see you.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry I forgot to take the sprue shots. This is a new offering from ICM and it comes in a stout box with a normal lid then a flip open box under that. The sprues are beautifully moulded in light grey plastic. There is excellent detail and no flash it cuts nicely and files well.

Following the instructions well nearly I have made a start on the chassis. Despite having numerous parts it went together well.

The only additions so far are the chassis clamps which I replaced with copper wire and plastic strip. There are also some small chains to add later.
As there is no PE available for this it will be pretty much out of the box with a few tweaks depending on the reference pics I have.

Enough of the waffle here are some pics.

DSCF2196.JPG

I have a little work to do on the radiator.

DSCF2197.JPG

cheers
Scottie

D

Deleted member 5496

Tut Paul no sprue shots. :rolling:

Looking good going to be a big number sitting on the sideboard. :tongue-out:

Laurie

Reactions: JR