Scotties taking a Liberty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The engine was sprayed with matt black then with oily steel. The details were then picked out with various colours. The whole lot then received an oily wash and when dry the highlights picked out with a graphite pencil. The chassis rails where the engine fits were sprayed with the vehicle colour. The engine was then fitted. There are still details to be added but some of them will have to wait until later.

DSCF2203.JPG
DSCF2206.JPG

apologies for the awful pictures.
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Shame about the photos Paul. Looks like you are having the same lighting problems as I do. Looking at getting some "white light" lamps to light up my photographing area. Will let you know how they improve things,

The fan thinning has worked well and I like how all the wires come out of the tube. Great miniature work all round.

Reactions: JR
First Name
Wouter
Now that's an original build. Good choice of subject mate. Love the bit of extra detail, really spices it up.

Edit: a couple of daylight LED bulbs in cheap Ikea desk light holders really make a world of difference, I can warmly recommend them ^^

Cheers

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Shame about the photos Paul. Looks like you are having the same lighting problems as I do. Looking at getting some "white light" lamps to light up my photographing area. Will let you know how they improve things,

The fan thinning has worked well and I like how all the wires come out of the tube. Great miniature work all round.
Steve, Thanks mate glad you like it. Look forward to any pointers on the pictures.
Now that's an original build. Good choice of subject mate. Love the bit of extra detail, really spices it up.

Edit: a couple of daylight LED bulbs in cheap Ikea desk light holders really make a world of difference, I can warmly recommend them ^^

Cheers
Hi Wouter good to see you mate. It is a different subject for me as well. Thanks for the pointers with the lights.
Hi Scottie
That engine looks very nice.
Jim
Jim,
Thanks mate.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW the "cableing" is superb... did you already painted the chassis?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not much bench time but I have managed a little bit more detail. The pipework for the cooling system was very plain so I added the rubber hose from some foil and the clamps from some pewter strip.
DSCF2207.JPG

DSCF2208.JPG

The exhaust was painted after the tail pipe was removed and a section of ally tube added. it looks very garish in the pictures but is duller in real life.

DSCF2209.JPG

cheers
Scottie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sheer magic!

..... a joy to watch.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
You're excelling yourself - luvvly-jubbly.
Jim

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely detail work on the engine Paul. This is coming along really nicely.
Cheers
Paul