Sheds

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
570 JEN wants to know what are they ? Jen would not approve of my idea of 'Leisure Points', so I'll have to decline her request.;)
jen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bet you spend time in there modelling when it warms back up :tongue-out3:

It started life as a potting shed and kind'a just grew!
Fat chance now of dual occupation, Tim. Luckily we have a summerhouse t'uther end of the garden I can use.....or what's left of it!

Chris. This is a family forum, so I can't type what my idea of leisure points are. I'll leave it to her imagination.......:flushed:

Cheers.
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ivor Nammeransor aka 570

Well congratulation you old ******* friend , some fine work , love the whole idea, I'd take that incorrect style door back and ask for a refund.;)

Workman ship as expected with a fine selection of the finest wood butchery you could come across. Esp impressed with the scribed roof line soffit board.

Nice size, as Tim has said just right for summers day modelling.

The Committee of course were suitably impressed, in fact Matron was quite excited, why I have no idea !

download THE DOGS.jpg

Yours Arthur Nearenough. aka 453

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
''In fact Matron was quite excited, why I have no idea !''

View attachment 467727

Yours Arthur Nearenough. aka 453
It's due to the plain fact that Matron dreams of such an establishment where she can drag us all one by one to for a carefully thought out and coordinated torture / corrective therapy session..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to Arthur and Chris.

Arthur. Thank you for the 'Dog's' award. The mug will take pride of place in 'The Shed' - If I ever get invited into the thing.

.......where she can drag us all one by one to for a carefully thought out and coordinated torture session..
Never mind Matron, Chris. My wife has her own form of torture at the ready, should I fall foul......Flower arranging!

Cheers chaps.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris. This is a family forum, so I can't type what my idea of leisure points are. I'll leave it to her imagination.......::flushed:

Cheers.
Ron

NOW 570 Jen says oh you are awfull
Dick emery lol

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
I hope this thread is for general shed stuff. If not, can the mods move it elsewhere please.

I've not done much 'plastic' lately. Recently, the wife dropped hints she wanted a Potting shed!

So, to earn me some leisure points, I thought "I'll give her a 'Potting shed, and how!", and after looking at the horrendous price of kit ones, I set to with me tape, paper and pencil...

I had the idea of using second hand glazed pine doors. I found 9 locally for £20 in total and built the shed around these. The shed so far has cost us about £150 and is about 12ft x 8". The decking is 4ft out.

The veranda cum decking is re-cycled stuff from a previous, wind wrecked thingy.

As it is situated against a hedge, a view to the rear was not required, so I built the back out of new 3x2 studding and 8x4 boards.
The roof is corrugated tin. No desperate need for insulation or lights just yet. It's for potting in the daylight hours.

Here it is.
View attachment 467715

View attachment 467716

View attachment 467718

Here's a closer look at one end of the shed.
View attachment 467719

Veranda from re-cycled stuff from a previous, destroyed sitting area.
View attachment 467720

I made these plywood profile infills to stop the draft going on the Mem Sahib.
View attachment 467721

Painted.....
View attachment 467722

A photo from today. The opening door on the right is slightly different from the other three, but will do until I can acquire an exact match for the other three.
View attachment 467723

There you go....One happy wife.

Cheers.
Ron
This post is for everything shed and everybody's sheds!
Some fantastic work you have done there! Loving the trifold doors!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I hope this thread is for general shed stuff. If not, can the mods move it elsewhere please.

I've not done much 'plastic' lately. Recently, the wife dropped hints she wanted a Potting shed!

So, to earn me some leisure points, I thought "I'll give her a 'Potting shed, and how!", and after looking at the horrendous price of kit ones, I set to with me tape, paper and pencil...

I had the idea of using second hand glazed pine doors. I found 9 locally for £20 in total and built the shed around these. The shed so far has cost us about £150 and is about 12ft x 8". The decking is 4ft out.

The veranda cum decking is re-cycled stuff from a previous, wind wrecked thingy.

As it is situated against a hedge, a view to the rear was not required, so I built the back out of new 3x2 studding and 8x4 boards.
The roof is corrugated tin. No desperate need for insulation or lights just yet. It's for potting in the daylight hours.

Here it is.
View attachment 467715

View attachment 467716

View attachment 467718

View attachment 467719

View attachment 467720

View attachment 467721

Painted.....
View attachment 467722

A photo from today. The opening door on the right is slightly different from the other three, but will do until I can acquire an exact match for the other three.
View attachment 467723

Cheers.
Ron

Brilliant.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks John. This morning I decided the shutters don't get used so can be permanently boarded over. This led to more shelf space creation and a stash shelf as well (well some of the stash).

Used the old shutters cut down and a fair bit of off cuts to finish off. Not the work of a master craftsman but ok for an afternoons work.
Cracking job that is,
A lovely,vast modelling area,and so organised too :smiling3:
Excellent stuff!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony

Here it is.
View attachment 467715

View attachment 467716

View attachment 467718

View attachment 467719

View attachment 467720

View attachment 467721

Painted.....
View attachment 467722

View attachment 467723

Cheers.
Ron
Excellent looking summerhouse / potting shed / doghouse / pub ( delete where applicable ) however the clerk of works has inspected the installation and unfortunately the green is not the correct shade for the Wrexham area so the work must be dismantled forthwith
Regards Ivor Blackthumb ,senior shed inspector ,Chester and Wrexham planning committee

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A splendid build old chap. However, I think I've spotted a problem. Mrs Ron might not be too keen to mess up such a fine piece of architecture with pots and compost etc. But not to worry, I've got the answer, just build a potting shed for her.