Si B’s- Academy Hetzer early....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Me neither Peter !
Looking good Si , how come you guys get to glue without any mess. I've tried a small brush, that didn't work, so end up using the bottle lid brush and getting it every where :unamused:
John .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I see a cake fight looming ahead...lemon crust vs chocolate toppings...should have brought my face visor for protection as well. :tongue-out3: This painting of tracks and wheels after everything is glued is something I'd like to know too.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking good Mr Benson. A very impressive start. I hope it goes together as well as it has done so far. Then we can look forward to seeing the disc camo you promised us all you were going to do :smiling5::smiling5::cool:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Si, seems to be going together well, unlike the rabble & if they don't calm down we may have to bring out the cattle prod.:dizzy:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not again !
Looking good Si, seems to be going together well, unlike the rabble & if they don't calm down we may have to bring out the cattle prod.:dizzy:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Crickey....I’m overwhelmed with your interest gents:smiling4: Thankyou...:thumb2:

Si .
Can I raise an objection to the wording regarding tracks please .

" The link and length tracks were taken care of in no time and an excellent fit too "
There are some amongst us that fear these evil bits of plastic that you talk of so highly.
Please refrain in future.
Yours .
Ivor Ihatethethigsisky.
Bed 9 .

You can raise an objection if you like, but the rabble are kicking off due to lack of progress pictures...there’s damn cake everywhere, Allen has been seen attacking someone with a rolled up cutting mat and Peter Day has painted the ceiling in the style of the sistine chapel, looks bloody good mind!:smiling4:

Looking good Mr Benson. A very impressive start. I hope it goes together as well as it has done so far. Then we can look forward to seeing the disc camo you promised us all you were going to do :smiling5::smiling5::cool:
You sir, are a scruffy looking nerf herder:tongue-out3:
They’ll be no fancy disk camo sir! I’m going for something quick....possibly :thinking:

Some of them actually enjoy the cattle prod Graeme :smiling5:

I see a cake fight looming ahead...lemon crust vs chocolate toppings...should have brought my face visor for protection as well. :tongue-out3: This painting of tracks and wheels after everything is glued is something I'd like to know too.

Cheers,
Richard
Definitely should of brought visor Richard!

For you,Peter and Mr Race et all, I’ll show the track/wheel thingy....
Wheels and sprockets were held on their spindles with blue tack.
And as I was carefull with the glue on the tracks once it set it can all be pulled back off the hubs and dismantled for painting.

Right then, a wee bit of progress from tonight...rear fender parts fitted and hull rear decked out with tracks and hatch.

And started assembly of access hatches on rear deck..some PE to go on next session. Hope you can see my gluing isn’t perfect either Mr Race:tongue-out:I’m using this glue at the moment, very fast setting....I like it but I don’t like the massive brush in the bottle.
Well that’s it for tonight’s effort....end of a busy week at work and I’m ready for Friday!
Thanks for all the interest and excellent banter:smiling4:
Cheers
Si

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Suggestion, get your snippys out and trim that bad boy down to the amount of bristles that will give you what you require.
Cheers, Rick H.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
That made me laugh out loud mate. So I found out the origins of the nerf herder quote. Does this mean you will be my princess Leia and I'll be your Han Solo???

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
It’s Nerf herder...an original Star Wars reference, It’s what princess lea call Han Solo when he tries to get smooth:nerd:
I thought everyone knew that :thinking::smiling4:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Also the name of a California rock band of the early 90s, no doubt inspired by the Star Wars quote. PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That made me laugh out loud mate. So I found out the origins of the nerf herder quote. Does this mean you will be my princess Leia and I'll be your Han Solo???

If the money’s good Steve, I’ll be whatever you want:blow-kiss::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

• Love
Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Si,
This looks interesting, never built one but always like the look.
Couple of suggestions on cam and slight dirt topic.
Cheers, Mike.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I tried to convince Si to do this as well Mike and ended up being referred to as a Nerf herder! (See earlier posts). I wonder what your comment will be :smiling5::smiling2: