Si B’s- Academy Hetzer early....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si

Nice update. Tracks look good. That extra thin cement is good stuff. Wicks nicely into joins. Quite an aggressive glue though so care needed with tiny parts - they can just dissolve!! Guess how I know :rolling:

All this talk of cake and such is gonna attract Delia S and Mary B and then the thread will really go off at a tangent.

Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya Jim,
Certainly is a no nonsense glue! I was removing unwanted finger prints until quite late last night :smiling5:

I mentioned cake once....but I think I got away with it :thinking:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening folks,

Update imminent, but first an offering to settle the rabble....
A fresh batch of rock cakes, lovingly made by my beautiful daughter Holly (with help from Daddy of course)....

get em quick because someone is already picking them off!

Ok, that’ll keep the rabble occupied for 2 mins....update time!

Some shiny bits went on the back end, replaced the hatch handles with copper wire and drilled out the exhaust.

Been looking at some pictures and it seems academy has missed a few handles off the rear deck and the hangers for the recovery cables are missing too but they’ve included the cables. Tristar/hobbyboss did the same:thinking:

Pretty sure there should be two spare track sections on the rear hull...but it may be an early/late difference? If anyone knows the difference between the two versions gives us a shout:nerd:

Fender tool box was missing holes so they where drilled out...

And lastly for tonight I tackled the jack block.
Here’s the kits version..
Here’s how it should look...

Scratched some grain into the wood and managed to find a spare wing nut:cool:

So I couldn’t resist a few minor tweaks. I’ll be changing the kits string recovery cables for home made bits too in due course.
Only a few steps left on the destructions:smiling4:
Cheers for looking

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
So! what's this then??? Cakes on offer and then in comes a mini Si and helps herself - well no custard for her :crying:.
Si, coming along in leaps and bounds, like the wood effect and the wingnut just adds that bit of class.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Si.
Well done Holly.:smiling3: I take it you cleaned up for her.

John .

D

Deleted member 4539

Coming along well Si.
Ohh rock cakes.not had one of them in many a moon. I think you are just taunting me because I'm diabetic :smiling3:.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John,
You wouldn’t believe the mess we made! You ever see how good a three yr old sieves flour?.........couldn’t see the worktop under the mess when we finished.....and I think she pinched more fruit than got put in the cakes:smiling5:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice mods Simon it’s coming along nicely

Cheers Ian,
Sometimes just a few small changes can make the difference.

Coming along well Si.
Ohh rock cakes.not had one of them in many a moon. I think you are just taunting me because I'm diabetic :smiling3:.

Ralph,
I have a good friend that’s also diabetic, he always gives me the evil eye when I take homemade cakes to work, so I eat them discreetly, normally in one bite :smiling5:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
Nice additions and improvements. Mind you Holly's cakes look most yummy :tongue-out3:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great updates and terrific rock cakes. I will forward you my address so you can send me some. I will pop some pasties in the post back at yer :thumb2::cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
You wouldn’t believe the mess we made! You ever see how good a three yr old sieves flour?.........couldn’t see the worktop under the mess when we finished.....and I think she pinched more fruit than got put in the cakes:smiling5:
Seem to remember you said Holly wasn't the only one in your family who made a mess with flour !:smiling2:
John.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
For discussion purposes only, rear stowage on early Hetzer. PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
For discussion purposes only, rear stowage on early Hetzer. PaulE
View attachment 329417

Thanks Paul :thumb2: That just triple confirms what I though. X2 sections of spare track on the hull rear!

Gary MacKenzie kindly pointed me In the right direction already but this picture confirms again.

Thanks very much gents

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Seem to remember you said Holly wasn't the only one in your family who made a mess with flour !:smiling2:
John.

Yes that’s true. Mrs B has an amazing knack of using every wooden spoon and saucepan when cooking....I’ve tried training but it normally ends with me being ushered from the kitchen :smiling5:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Late arrival here Si, just in time to miss the cakefight:smiling:, neat work on the running gear and tracks.:thumb2:

Nice modifications too, did the kit have the mesh PE or was it AM?