SimonT - Yufan Model - Seal Support Team 75mm

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John - GBitis, it flares up every now and then. The other week I had a really bad attack and put my name down for Alans night fighter planes, sheer madness as I don't do planes

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I did actually make quite a lot of figures - when Verlinden started his 120mm range I bought most of them as they were released.

View attachment 346580
ear fell off psycho wabbit again so I drilled it and his noggin and inserted a 5mm length of brass 0.4mm wire

Finger crossed that will keep it in place and allow me to tidy up the join and blend it in with the rest of his head
Well that should be fun then as you say you don't do planes.
Did you actually build any of those Verlinden figures Simon ?:surprised:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr. T will excell, even as he is ravaged by this horrible affliction of GBitis! JR, you above all people should know this having overcome the Koumomoomo paper palace build without igniting it to oblivion!! By the way, did you learn to do the dance? Cheer, Rick H.
Excuse me Simon .
Rick point taken :tongue-out3:, as for the dancing no , thoughI did once win a Twist competition when at school during the 1960s, since such a pinnacle I have remained calm, with the odd out burst .:tongue-out::smiling::smiling:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John - not only did I build them, I even painted them, and entered in competitions. Even more strange was the fact that I picked up a few awards as well :surprised: Judges obviously didn't have much of a clue back then....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
How did your AFV's fair in the competitions compared to your figures back then?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Steve what about that then Mr T even finished them. I had to sit down in a dark room after reading that shocking news :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:
Not surprised that he won though.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Picked up a few awards mainly with the scratched stuff - I think the 1:15 Horch and Humber Pig both did reasonably well at Trucks’n’Tracks

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Too many rpgs and not enough carrots.....look interesting though, hope the rest is less painful....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Adds a whole new meaning to keeping your ear to the ground LOL Stop denying the rabbit his lettuce and carrots and he may behave himself

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
That is very Japanese - just watched the series trailer. Animation looks great

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
seal-011_2019-6-23.jpg
whilst generally well sculpted the sculptor must have got distracted by a couple of things and he forgot to give the poor lass any knees, or a knee as one is covered

seal-013_2019-6-23.jpg
so I did a bit of re-sculpting and gave her a kneecap

seal-012_2019-6-23.jpg
seal-014_2019-6-23.jpg
with his ears now firmly pinned in place I also managed to get some magic sculpt on to the joins - just need a little more work once putty sets

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I thought i was still asleep and dreaming for a minute:smiling5: Interesting choice of subject, certainly very different!
I’ll sit with the rest of the rabble:nerd: