Small off-road 'Run Down' truck depot yard Dio

First Name
Charles
I experimented with putting my very first 1 / 24 truck into a small diorama. I decided that I would take a few pictures on the outside to see how authentic I could get. To my surprise, it looked pretty close to the real thing ... or not ... Judge for yourself. I have some more stuff to add, and others to re-adjust, but I think it starting to take shape.

I am still adding and re-arranging some aspect of the dio. I still have left to modify the tires to look more used. The tires are place there to give me some sense of how they will look together with the scene.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Great attention to detail, nice work

First Name
Andy
WOW, that is stunning and very realistic looking, top marks...10/10

may I ask how do you do the mud spray/weathering please, I've tried myself using Dust Effects AK Interactive, but it just sploshes rather than a fine mist, I'm using the instructions off the product page...

Andy...

First Name
Charles
\ said:
WOW, that is stunning and very realistic looking, top marks...10/10may I ask how do you do the mud spray/weathering please, I've tried myself using Dust Effects AK Interactive, but it just sploshes rather than a fine mist, I'm using the instructions off the product page...

Andy...
Thanks guys. The spray mud/sand/grime was very simple. I used real sand and wet it with a pump water spray and flicked it on the container. That's it.

P

Polux

Fantastic job!! It's a precious "dump", congratulations!!

Polux

First Name
Tommy
Wonderful job as usually Tiking!

Tommy

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is very impressive. Very well done. Easily 5 * from me.

Colin M........

P

phalinmegob

that is a great job and looks so realistic,love the flaking paint on the container door....five stars from me

First Name
Charles
Thanks for looking guys. Appreciate your support.

B

Boldman

Superb, so many details to look at on this diorama. The paint flaking is excellent and overall there are some wonderful weathering effects that are a huge inspiration!

First Name
Charles
Thanks guys. If the this dio inspires anyone than all the better. ;)

G

Guy Wilde

That is simply outstanding work....the attention to detail, the placement of every little item really makes this piece very believable. Hats off my friend!

T

tommy1drop

Fantastic detailing, great work and really impressive.

Tom

First Name
Charles
Thanks. Still not 100% complete. A couple of figures, worn tires, old drums and a few little items are left.

N

noble

This is a top notch bit of work charles five stars from me as well.

scott