Soviet Tank Build GB Chat

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Closer that we're getting, the more 'nervous' I'm getting - the kit that I've picked has a lot of PE in it, and I've never even had a kit with it before!:confounded:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Closer that we're getting, the more 'nervous' I'm getting - the kit that I've picked has a lot of PE in it, and I've never even had a kit with it before!:confounded:

Just take it slowly and one step at a time!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well I haven’t even opened the box yet LOL…..made sure I can source better barrels if I need them though….

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just take it slowly and one step at a time!!
Will be reading up on the use of it and how to work with it, saw that one part has to be bent into a circle for the machine gun fitting round the hatch.:surprised:
Probably should have gone with a T34 - have done tracks before, so wouldn't have to break fresh ground ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Will be reading up on the use of it and how to work with it, saw that one part has to be bent into a circle for the machine gun fitting round the hatch.:surprised:
Probably should have gone with a T34 - have done tracks before, so wouldn't have to break fresh ground ;)
Gerry,
trying new things & techniques is good! With PE, you just have to be methodical! and just because it's on the fret, doesn't mean you have to use it. I take the attitude, if it's too small to handle easily - forget it, also, does the part actually add anything to the model? Sometimes bits seem to be added to the fret, just to fill it up!
Dave

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry,
trying new things & techniques is good! With PE, you just have to be methodical! and just because it's on the fret, doesn't mean you have to use it. I take the attitude, if it's too small to handle easily - forget it, also, does the part actually add anything to the model? Sometimes bits seem to be added to the fret, just to fill it up!
Dave
Will have a closer look at it later, other than it forming the ring, if I remember right, most of it makes the angle plates for the 'armour' and the ski fittings.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm now back in JRs' ward as the multiple straight jackets were not effective in restraining me, and due to my 60s experience, pharma has unexpected results when administered, so as he's known as a calming influence on me, I'm back.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I would just find something fractionally smaller than the circle to bend it round, I say smaller because I find the pe will spring open a tiny bit after.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Probably find you don't need half of it Gerry. I think most of the really small parts are there to just make up the sheet !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm now back in JRs' ward as the multiple straight jackets were not effective in restraining me, and due to my 60s experience, pharma has unexpected results when administered, so as he's known as a calming influence on me, I'm back.
Hang in there buddy , we'll get through this , Matron is arming herself up with the new multi purpose A10 Wart Hog derived injection system !

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok gang just hours before we start is you glue and tools ready? Remember let’s have fun I’m sure we will this looks like a fair crowd. I appreciate everyone who has joined in. Thanks for making this happen.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s the list one final time

Mark 1. 1/35 Zvezda MSTA-5 SP/152 mm Howitzer.

John Race 1/35 Trumpeter KV-2

Tim Marlow. 1/35 Trumpeter KV-7 model 1941

Dave Ward. 1/35 ICM T-34/76 Late 1943

adt70k. 1/72 Valentine

therapy. 1/35 ICM T-34/85 (April 1945)

Rick H. 1/87 SU100/45 with Figures

Allen Dewire. 1/35 Trumpeter SU-152 late

David Lovell????

Graeme C. 1/35 Dragon T-34/76 Model 1941

Spanner570. ???

yak face.Zv Soviet tank flamethrower OT-7

Gerry W. 1/35 trumpeter Soviet NKL26 Armored Aerosan.

Lee Drennnen 1/72 Italeri KV-1 M-41

Greg. 1/35 Zvezda Soviet Light Tank BT-7

Jon Heptonstall 1/35 Trumpeter T-62

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Ok gang just hours before we start is you glue and tools ready? Remember let’s have fun I’m sure we will this looks like a fair crowd. I appreciate everyone who has joined in. Thanks for making this happen.

All set here, Lee. Even managed to get the couple of builds I wanted to sort out finished before we start...

Nick.