Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G "Finnish Army"

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete

REALLY daft question as I've not tried painting rubber band tracks since coming back to the hobby...... what stops the paint coming off when you you bend them around the idler and drive sprocket?

Thanks

Andrew
Hi Andrew the way I do rubber band tracks first wash them in warm soapy water and a toothbrush then use wire wool on both sides of the track, I use a AK track primer then what ever colour you choose. Never had paint come off yet.
Pete.

Reactions: JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Pete,
Now that looks really pleasing to the eye, subtle and the metal edges come out as they should, great build.
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
In my dreams !:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7237

Pete,
Now that looks really pleasing to the eye, subtle and the metal edges come out as they should, great build.
Mike.
Hi Mike that's what I was aiming for a subtle finish and now to over do it, for a change I'm actually pleased with the finish so thank you for a great comment.
Pete :thumb2: .

D

Deleted member 7237

In my dreams !:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Hi John so I think you like it then, eventually I had to make one I was happy with, well almost the grill's let it down but as they say you learn from your mistakes, will try harder on the next one.
Pete.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hi Andrew the way I do rubber band tracks first wash them in warm soapy water and a toothbrush then use wire wool on both sides of the track, I use a AK track primer then what ever colour you choose. Never had paint come off yet.
Pete.
Must try that. I've used Halfords plastic primer, but the paint still flakes off.
Very nice modelling Pete.
Pete

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice build Pete, I like the 3 tone camo :thumb2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Bob good job it wasn't in your Stug GB it would have let the side down.
Pete.

As someone else said Pete, STOP putting your builds down, i would be delighted to have built that beauty :tongue-out::thumb2::tongue-out3::thumb2:

bob

D

Deleted member 7237

As someone else said Pete, STOP putting your builds down, i would be delighted to have built that beauty :tongue-out::thumb2::tongue-out3::thumb2:

bob
Hi Bob I'm not putting myself down I just consider myself an average model nothing special that's all.
Pete.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The group builds aren’t just for the above-average modellers among us, if you ask me, nor a contest where the best model at the end gets a prize — if they were, I certainly wouldn’t be posting in them, I’d leave that to the likes of @MikeC, @Neo, @scottie3158, etc. (other highly skilled modellers are available).

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The group builds aren’t just for the above-average modellers among us, if you ask me, nor a contest where the best model at the end gets a prize — if they were, I certainly wouldn’t be posting in them, I’d leave that to the likes of @MikeC, @Neo, @scottie3158, etc. (other highly skilled modellers are available).

Got to agree I would never go near them if they were some sort of contest!

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7237

What are you going on about I never mentioned who can or can't enter GB I know it's not a contest or involves prizes it's for fun which at times you seem to drain from people's build by slagging off their work or the model they have bought or been given, you are a doom and gloom merchant, so in the future please please don't comment on any of my builds in the future thank you, once I've posted this I'm pressing that button ignore again.
If the management don't like this post I'm sorry and if you want me to go so be it.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
What are you going on about I never mentioned who can or can't enter GB I know it's not a contest or involves prizes it's for fun which at times you seem to drain from people's build by slagging off their work or the model they have bought or been given, you are a doom and gloom merchant, so in the future please please don't comment on any of my builds in the future thank you, once I've posted this I'm pressing that button ignore again.
WTF?!

No, seriously: WTF?!

Where have I been slagging off your builds or anything you’ve done, ever? Or, for that matter, anyone else’s.

I made that post earlier as an encouragement — you appear to say in the post I quoted there that your modeling skills aren’t good enough to enter a group build, and I was trying to say that that isn’t a barrier to participating (or else I wouldn’t do so myself — I share myself squarely among the ranks of average modellers).

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steady on chaps, let it drop.
We usually get these kind of posts round about Christmas when folks get up tight about prezzies etc. So can we stop this right now please. For the sake of peace and harmony, not to mention the other members, can we return to nice comments about the build?

Much obliged.
The Happy Brigade