Sven Wo gehe ich mit das Schwein hin?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ok hear is last weeks update have most things done, o_O been very busy

well im quite happy with how the figures turned out , I think the uniforms are ok in most ways, my picture taking is the big letdown, :oops:

real have been beating myshelf up over the face painting , some are ok and others well i think we know what they are .:mad: :confused: but then again only the 2 rd try at 1.35

happy with the bike and k/wagon added alot off stuff to it,

and put the drivers feet on a box thank you Patrick :rolleyes:

last 2 figures came in the mail today ,so i will be starting them soon, and will have pne holding a piglet ,still need to finish off the dogs

and have my cat hissing at the office

any comments and tips or advice most welcome all

cheers

View attachment 79420

View attachment 79421

View attachment 79422

View attachment 79423

View attachment 79424

View attachment 79425

View attachment 79426

View attachment 79427

View attachment 79428

View attachment 79429

20140317_162028.jpg

20140317_162037.jpg

20140317_162048.jpg

20140317_162057.jpg

20140317_162112.jpg

20140317_162218.jpg

20140317_162443.jpg

20140317_162502.jpg

20140317_162511.jpg

20140317_162631.jpg

D

dubster72

That looks excellent Monica! There's so much detail to see-I catch new thing's each time I look!

Your careful work & eye for all the tiny things do you proud, the cat is a lovely touch :smiling3:

Cheers

Patrick

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta, Patrick very much appreciated indeed :D ,

the cat is model off my tom who sleeps or bits me so i cannot potter away with it or takes things :eek:

J

John Huggins

Outstanding dio Monica, love the detail your putting into this one, make's me look like a beginner.

Keep up the ace work.

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta John ,greatly appreciated as well means alot the nice comments, ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
ta, Patrick very much appreciated indeed :D ,the cat is model off my tom who sleeps or bits me so i cannot potter away with it or takes things :eek:
Haha how well i remember my cat doing the same thing!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Monica, lots of detail to peruse there. If I have one suggestion it would be that the trees look a bit too green, a little too lush if that makes sense?

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi, thank you for the nice words,

yes there still not finished off but you are very right ,:rolleyes: will add some dark green under and some lite green then

some crushed up mixed herbs that are more gray/green and that will tone them down

work on one bit them more to some think else never ending

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful Moni, great detail and so much for you to look at. It is a dio that makes you think: Have the German's paid for the pig, or rescued it for the farmer, or are they just stealing it, could they then do harm to the farmer? Personally I like to think they have rescued or bought the pig, but that is why it works on so many levels, you get absorbed in the model and make your own opinions.

Top work so far money, when this is complete...I put when and not if lol, it will be cracking.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta ,Si,for the kind words, the end is insight :confused: you do have good observation , as so far the only one who is showing any aggression

is the officer holding his finger up and the cat hissing at him.and only one soldier is holding a gun but looks disinterested , so it dose leave it to wounder :rolleyes:

P

Polux

Mmm....this is looking better and better!

Details and imagination....they are good companions Moni ;)

The Verlinden set looks very interesting. I can imagine the farmer..."What a hell!! Are they stolen some of my pigs?!" :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you Polux for the kind words,

the Verlinden set is well cast , i did alter the arm off the farmer so he is holding a piglet,

but will have his wife looking down and not at the officer which is easy,

the cat is saining what he thinks about it all :rolleyes: :D

T

tommy1drop

Really great work Monica, so much detail to see and look at over and over again, really enjoying following this build;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Tommy thank you so much

we just starting the last 2 figures , dread doing faces but the only way to get better is keep at them, :oops:

well got the 2 dogs as good as i have the time fo them being pains to get right, think harder than a face,:oops:

you can see i alted the arm so he can hold the piglet,

but I still feel some think is missing on the leftside between the tree and wall, was going to add some long grass ?

but still feel it needs some think else did not real wont to pay $ 20 for a cow, but mite see if i can find some cheaper ones

any suggestions most welcome :rolleyes:

View attachment 79499

View attachment 79500

View attachment 79501

View attachment 79502

20140319_182815.jpg

20140319_182827.jpg

20140319_182843.jpg

20140319_182907.jpg

P

Paul P

Hi Monica, cant think how i missed this one, fantastic build, the buildings and the composition are brilliant. funny thing is when i was a policeman i caught a guy trying to steel a sheep from a farm and he had it in a sidecar of a motorbike :D . if you want to give the faces a bit of depth try painting over them with a coat of burnt umber oil and then wiping it off with a piece of sponge, it will leave shadows in all the depressions

Paul

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is looking great, the ground work is brilliant, you've done a great job on it moni.

I'm with Paul on the use of burnt umber, it does give the illusion of depth:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Polux i mite just give that a go ,

ta Paul / Lee , oh thats so funny did you laugh to much and he go away, :D , great tip thank you so much ,

i have just started the last 2 so once i try and mean try to put more detail in :confused: , i will give them a coat off burnt umber,

im finding the eyes and mouths to be the hardest parts to pain, and get some depth,:rolleyes: