Sven Wo gehe ich mit das Schwein hin?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Moni that is a cracking dio so far , love the setting and you've given me some ideas for mine , figures are well painted I like the poses there very different and they work very well with setting

I find faces difficult but I've found a way to do it that looks ok

I just a week wash of either brown or orange then leave it to dry then dry brush over with flesh colour and the detail stands out :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Very nice Moni!The dioarama looks more closer now :P
thank you Polux that idea did the trick :rolleyes: :D

hi Alan and thank you as well, for the kind words,

i will give that a try as well , a bit simulator to what Paul suggested using burnt umber wash,

think it just takes a few try to find what work,

i have been useing a sandy stone base then over that a dark flesh base and were i get into trouble is with the top coat off flesh is to thick and should be washer as you have said :rolleyes:

W

Willi262

I take the minimalist approach when it comes to painting faces. On 48 scale, I start with a brown(ish) base for the faces, sometimes even for hands and arms. I give this layer an hour or so to dry. Then I will "loosen it up" a bit with some thinner before I apply the flesh tone. Then over that, I will add one more layer of flesh tone, to help hide any of the brown that might show. Then I will add eyebrows or sometimes beards/moustaches. Lately I've been adding freckles and moles here and there, to help individualise the troops (I don't want them all to look the same!). I don't paint in the whites of the eyes on 48 scale, I think rimming the eyebrows is good enough. Besides, with blanker faces, the viewer can then use his/her imagination to help "complete the face". And it's easier on my hands...

W

Willi262

On 35th scale (or larger which i have not done, but if i did...), I keep the process pretty much the same. But since there is more room to work with, I usually start by painting a white stripe or 'bandit mask' over the eye area. That sinks into the eyeballs, then I carefully either dab a small bit of black paint to make a pupil, or I will lightly dry brush in black to bring out the eyeball detail. Then I slowly creep up to the eye area with my flesh paint, taking care to just fill in the face area and not touch the eyes. It usually works out well...

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Steve great tips thank you so much,it dose make seance, how you have explained it ,as i use a very lite gray for the eyes , but have not been putting eyeballs

along with Alan as well plus what Paul has said , its just a matter of working

with the diffidence ways and see what you find the easier way and use bits off all mentioned methods,

I do like the sound off not over detailing the face as you said let people make there own minds up to how he looks, plus by adding in things like freckles and so on

dose help to stop them all looking like clones

I still have to heads to finish off so i will be trying out these ways and see how i go, as long as there is an improvement,

over all with the faces i will be happy as some are ok but others well , we all know , and i find some times the harder you try the worse it gets

and i real appreciate all the tips and help from all cheers guys

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi again all and with the advice given by Paul,Steve, lee and sorry if I have forgotten anyone with the face painting help :confused: :D

finshed the 2 Verlinden farmer and wife and to me I think they turned out very well using the help given :smiling3:

and Joe and Polux, tress and cart :rolleyes:

have added some more things hear and there,

so what do you think any comments most welcome :confused: :eek:

hope you like :P

ps sorry if to meany pics but they kind off show all :oops: :D

View attachment 79655

View attachment 79656

View attachment 79657

View attachment 79658

View attachment 79659

View attachment 79660

View attachment 79661

View attachment 79662

View attachment 79663

View attachment 79664

View attachment 79665

View attachment 79666

View attachment 79667

View attachment 79668

View attachment 79669

View attachment 79670

View attachment 79671

20140323_123159.jpg

20140323_123411.jpg

20140323_123419.jpg

20140323_123425.jpg

20140323_123446.jpg

20140323_123451.jpg

20140323_142121.jpg

20140323_142153.jpg

20140323_155701.jpg

20140323_155711.jpg

20140323_160216.jpg

20140323_161201.jpg

20140323_161207.jpg

20140323_161217.jpg

20140323_161237.jpg

20140323_161258.jpg

20140323_161303.jpg

P

Polux

Good morning Moni!

Well...you know my opinion :P it's a perfect diorama! All the scene has a sensation of calm, that makes this diorama very lovely. Your care at the detail is perfect ;) and the figures are very well painted as well.

Great, great build Moni!

Now, we all need to rest, waiting for your next build :P

Polux

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you so very much my friend , :D

not wrong on that one , it has been some time spent on it but i do think the result is good if i do say so myshelf

the cat and other dog are missing as i gave them to a guy i know to copy and rework a bit ,

i do have a couple off things floating about in my head and will finish off the German street as well, done some

on it but waiting for kits to come in the mail,

Z

Ziper_it

Hello Monica,

Excellent result.

The scene is original, building and painting very well done, all put together perfectly.

Congratulations.

Francesco

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you Francesco do appreciate the nice comments ,and glad you like it :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

I love this Moni! :smiling3: there's so much going on & so much detail to enjoy. The scene is expertly crafted, and your figure painting is very good, the expression on the farmers face is a picture!

Very well done!

Cheers

Patrick

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cheers ,Patrick real do appreciate your kind works,

i glad the face painting seemed to fall into place which i,m happy about :rolleyes:

P

Paul P

Hi Mon, as i said before i love the composition and the story its telling, and your painting skills are brilliant, i only have one other comment, and please shoot me down if im wrong, but on the swastika flag on the rear of the side car, arnt the bars accross the swastika supposed to go the other way like this

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Paul you are total right as it should be that way around, :D , I was wondering on weather ? to leave it but i was going for the thing off its all a

mess and turned around like the guy smoking with his foot on the ammo boxes, and the one sitting with the machine gun next to a chicken :confused: ,

but you you think it may be better to change it about people may not get my scene off humor ? :confused:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hello Paul this is for you and :rolleyes:,after thing about it , said to my self,o_O you know Paul is right and i will change it about cheers , :oops: and thank you for the tip :rolleyes: :D lol

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
:D cheers, you know i don't ,need to say a thing lol :cool:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Fantastic piece of work in every aspect Monica I love a good dio and I love this one a lot of time and hardwork you have put into this it's all the small details that really make it pop . Every time I look at it I see something interesting I like the farmer with the rabbits/ hares in his hand and the German who as helped himself to the pig :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you John for the kind words real do appreciate them ta,

you are the first to notice the rabbits or hairs, got them from nick at Eureks miniature, he dose 28 mm , but has a few things that i can use in .35

there great i real like them,i gave the cat and other dog to a guy who go,s into the shop too have a play around and with them , to rework from a casting

as i was talking to him about doing 5 or so diffidence cats and dog for the dio

but back to this yes you are right the farmer has given but one ,says well that a nice fat one will take him :rolleyes: