T34/76 German service 1/72

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great ,the PE makes such a diffidence to the whole look of the grill,so much better ;)

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Aaron, it's the 7376 Leningrad winter one. I got it ages ago for £10, and I see they're going for £20 plus. The sprues look very much like your T34 ones. I'm kind of waiting until I feel I can do it justice.
I would like to see more 1/48 armour kits myself.
Hey Tony,

The Leningrad Tiger really is a beautiful kit and on my hit list, Ive only built the tilly I'm 1/48 and I really like the scale but as you say there really isn't a whole lot of choice.

Thanks Monica, the p.e in this kit is a joy to work with.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I know you will do a smashing job! STILL think 1/35 TOO small though! :rolleyes:

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Jim, I'm having a blast with this kit. 1/72 is pretty small but really satisfying.

N

noble

Aaron this looks very nice indeed and all that detail for 1/72 is incredible, lovely clean build and nice paint so far.

scott

woowww....the PE parts look good...and with the paints on...it looks just great. nice paint job mate...

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Ryan mate, i appreciate that.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks superb Aaron, another nice tank in the making from you :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Joe, decals and washed now. I have about 4 builds on the go so busy busy.

C

chris2681

Hmmm interesting. Ive always darkwashed and then drybrushed color over it on my tanks. I like how you paint it first and then wash. I may have to try that. Maybe everyone does it that way and Im the odd man out. :eek: Anyway its looking real nice Aaron .

C

chris2681

Oh and forgot to say Im a 1/35 man myself but this lil guy seems to have a lot of detail to it. A very nice kit for 1/72 scale which to me at least sometimes lacks the detail of 1/35 scale. But that doesn't seem the case here. One lil word of advice though , I paint my extras before I put them on the vehicle. Shovels,spare wheels, and equipment. I would hate to have to pick them out after they are on the vehicle. Id really dread it in 1/72 scale!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great Aaron. Fading and the wash have brought it to life.

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Oh and forgot to say Im a 1/35 man myself but this lil guy seems to have a lot of detail to it. A very nice kit for 1/72 scale which to me at least sometimes lacks the detail of 1/35 scale. But that doesn't seem the case here. One lil word of advice though , I paint my extras before I put them on the vehicle. Shovels,spare wheels, and equipment. I would hate to have to pick them out after they are on the vehicle. Id really dread it in 1/72 scale!
Cheers Jim...you don't base coat first? That's new to me, I'd love to watch you build. I like to get my tools glued down before base coating because I have an issue with gluing over paint. I paint the tools after a coat of future so if I slip with the brush I can get it off with a damp brush.

Thanks Joe and Ryan, appreciate the input.

D

dubster72

That's looking superb Aaron! The wash is just perfect, it's so easy to overdo it in 1/72.

First Name
Aaron
Lol are you sure mate because I used streaking grime by accident :confused:

Thanks, you made me feel a little better about the outcome of a mistake.