Take three tanks, coffee stirrers, twigs, a door, polystyrene and some filler. Gently stir...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Time for a bit of cold.

Here are the players.
Great value, two in a box, Soviet 1/72 tanks from Pegasus. Excellent fun when one is not bothered about accuracy and isn't concerned in the slightest about this and that being wrong. Each to his or her own though.
What you see is what you get, so any rivet counters please try and ignore any inaccuracies. One's in this lark just for fun. One thanks you... :upside::upside::thumb2:

All brush painted with Vallejo Model Air acrylics.

This one's been very roughly whitewashed.
P1240787.JPG

P1240783.JPG

This one's white paint is wearing off! For a bit of variation, I've added a few scratched items to the tank.
P1240788.JPG

P1240786.JPG

The coffee stirrer bridge. I cut the stirrers down the middle for the planks. All uneven and different widths. I prefer this rather than all the same and uniform. Puts a bit more life into the structure. it's a lot easier to do too. Wobble wobble!
P1240781.JPG

Uncut stirrers for the two long thingies.
P1240782.JPG

Vallejo paints again for the mucking up.
P1240789.JPG

P1240790.JPG

As the actress said to the Bishop "We're off!"

Keep your powder dry boys!

Ron

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Wheres the rust and water!!??

Only joking mate, looking very good, especially considering the braille scale. :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks folks. Nice to have someone along for yet another trip into the unknown......

Specially for PaulE. A few shots of the 1/72 Russian Farm house which I originally made for a diorama a while back on here. It's made from a polystyrene pizza base. Hard to find now, so I use foam board these days. String for the thatch, baking foil for the tin roof, coffee stirrers for the timber work and some thin card to support the thatch. Then I just 'squished' it with my fingers and added some rubble.

P1240791.JPG

P1240796.JPG

P1240795.JPG
Thanks Paul.

A small update.
Polystyrene blocks cut for the river bank and glued to an old cupboard door.

There you go Bob, water added!
P1240800.JPG

Cheers all.
Ron

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Ron - this page opened up on that top picture of your post above and I genuinely thought it was a real life reference shot of dilapidated farm buildings until I looked closer and saw the poster, and then read the text of course

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
And the rust???? :tears-of-joy:
Ah, well see Bob. The water was only added a couple of hours ago and hasn't had time to attack any metalwork...... :tongue-out3:

Thanks too to Simon and Paul for your excellent posts.

Onwards we go into the bleak and forbidding wilderness....

I had intended to wreck the bridge, but in a radical change of course have come up with a 'Spiffing Wheeze'
Here's the bridge fixed and intact. I've used four small wooden dowels for the bridge supports, that's it. I could have added some bracing, but I'm happy keeping the structure nice and simple and somehow stark looking.
P1240804.JPG

P1240805.JPG

P1240806.JPG

Bl***y cold in the garage, so I've scuttled back into my den.

Thanks for looking in.
Ron